University of Agricultural Sciences, Raichur provides admission to various Master’s Degree programs and Doctoral Degree programs under NRI Quota. The courses offered under master’s degree are M.Sc & M.Tech in Agriculture. Doctoral level course is Ph.D. in Agriculture and Agriculture Engineering.
The form is available on the official website of university. The application process of has already begun and will last till August 12, 2017. The basic eligibility for master’s degree is that a candidate must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 6.50. The eligibility for doctoral degree is that a candidate must have a master’s degree.
The application fee must be paid in the form of Demand Draft only. Selection of candidates will be based on merit and selected candidates will be called for counselling.Read More UAS Admission
Specialization is these courses are:
|Ph. D. in Agriculture||Ph. D in Agricultural Engineering||M. Sc. in Agriculture||M. Tech. in Agricultural Engineering|
|Agricultural Economics||Processing and Food Engineering||Agricultural Economics||Processing and Food Engineering|
|Agricultural Entomology||Farm Machinery and Power Engineering||Agricultural Entomology||Farm Machinery and Power Engineering|
|Agricultural Extension Education||Soil and Water Engineering||Agricultural Extension Education||Soil and Water Engineering|
|Agricultural Microbiology||---||Agricultural Microbiology||---|
|Crop Physiology||---||Crop Physiology||---|
|Genetics and Plant Breeding||---||Genetics and Plant Breeding||---|
|Plant Pathology||---||Molecular Biology and Agricultural Biotechnology||---|
|Seed Science and Technology||---||Plant Pathology||---|
|Soil Science and Agril. Chemistry||---||Seed Science and Technology||---|
|---||---||Soil Science and Agril. Chemistry||---|
University of Agricultural Sciences Ph.D. and PG Admission Important Dates
The application process has started since June 28, 2017, and will last till August 12, 2017. Some of the other important dates which a candidate must aware of are as follows:
|Date of announcement and start of accepting filled-in Applications||June 28, 2017|
|Last date for submission of Application||August 12, 2017|
|Counselling Cum Admission||August 18, 2017|
|First Semester Starts||September 4, 2017|
University of Agricultural Sciences Ph.D. and PG Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for Master’s Degree program and Doctoral Degree program are different. The university set up the eligibility criteria according to their needs. The criteria are as follows:
- Eligibility for Admission to Master’s Degree Program: Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant course with a minimum GPA of 6.50 from a recognized Agricultural/ Horticultural University.
- Eligibility for Admission to Doctoral Degree Program: Candidate must have a Master’s degree with 7/10 OGPA or equivalent in the concerned subject or an equivalent qualification from Agricultural/ Horticultural/ Deemed Agricultural Universities/ Institutes recognized by ICAR, New Delhi.
University of Agricultural Sciences Ph.D. and PG Application Process
Application form must be downloaded from the official website of university. Details filled in the application form must be correct and should be verified before submitting. The steps of application procedure are as follows:
- Visit the official website
- Click on ‘Academic’ tab and further on ‘NRI’ tab
- Click on the link for PG admissions
- A PDF will appear consisting of application form and instructions
- Download the form and fill it
- After filling enclose the application form along with essential documents and Demand Draft of INR 1000 and sent it to
Documents are required for the verification of candidature. The list of documents to be attached along with the application form are as follows:
- SSLC Marks Card
- PUC Marks Card
- Caste/Income Certificate of five-year validity issued by Thahasildar
- Special Category Certificate issued by competent authority
- Hyderabad- Karnataka Reservation Certificate (371J) issued by Assistant Commissioner
- Study Certificate
- Character /Conduct Certificate issued by Dean /Head of the concerned College for eligible degree
- HIV Certificate
- Sponsored Candidates also have to give Undertaking for regular fee payment.
- Also, Sponsor must give an undertaking that he has sponsored the candidate.
The application fee of INR 1000 must be paid through offline mode. Candidate must attach Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Comptroller, UAS, payable at Raichur along with the application form.
NRI sponsored candidate must pay 6500 US Dollars for Master’s Degree and 8000 US Dollars for Doctoral Degree or Indian rupees equivalent per year as Institutional Economic fee.
University of Agricultural Sciences Raichur
University of Agricultural Sciences, Raichur was established on September 26, 2008. The university has 11 Agricultural Research Stations. It offers various courses of Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Doctoral and Diploma levels. It is affiliated to UGC (University Grants Commission).
For details and other conditions refer University website:
Phone No.: 08532-220 559
Last Updated - 18 Jul 2017