Kannur University, Kannur is one of the largest universities in Kerala. It offers Ph.D. in 39 disciplines in total in various fields of Arts, Science, Commerce, Management and Engineering.
The University has released its official notification regarding admission to Full time and Part time PhD courses. The last date for submission of the application form is June 8, 2017.
- Candidates must also send the printout of the Application form
- Last date to submit the print out form with all the relevant documents is July 14, 2017
- Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria for admission to PhD courses before filling the application form.
- Admission to the Ph.D. program is based on an entrance test, except for the exempted candidates.
- Entrance examination will be of 3 hours and will consist of 2 parts i.e. Part A (40 marks) and Part B (60 marks)
- Selection in the entrance test will be followed by an interview.
Information provided in the application form must be correct, any wrong/ incorrect information can lead to cancellation of candidature. For any queries, candidates can visit the official website i.e.www.kannuruniversity.ac.in
Kannur University PhD Admission 2017 Important Dates
|Late date for submission of application form||June 8, 2017|
|Last date for online registration||July 7, 2017 (5 pm)|
|Print out of application along with relevant document should be submitted on or before||July 14, 2017|
Kannur University PhD Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria to be eligible for admission to the course.
- Candidate must have Master’s Degree from Kannur University or any other recognized University, with not less than 55% marks (or equivalent grade) in the qualifying Degree Examination
- 5% relaxation in marks will be provided for SC/ST/ OBC (NCL) candidates and teachers of affiliated colleges.
Kannur University PhD Admission 2017 How to Apply
Application form is the first and foremost procedure for admission to PhD program. Candidate must fill the form properly and submit it on or before June 8, 2017
- Candidates must log on to the official website of Kannur university i.e. www.kannuruniversity.ac.in
- On the right side, in the ‘Latest News’ section, click on ‘Ph.D. Application form’ link.
- The application form will open in a new window, fill the form carefully, and upload all the required documents along with a recent scanned photograph (photograph should be attested by a gazette officer).
- Fill all the details i.e. Personal information, Educational qualification and Experience
- Take a print out of the completed application form and send it to the following address:
Thavakkara, Civil Station,
P.O. Kannur District,
Kerala India – 670 002.
Application fee: Challan Receipt: Rs. 550/-
Payment Method: Fee can be remitted through the pay-in-slip of the SBT for Kannur University.
- Printout of the Application form and fee must be submitted on or before July 14, 2017.
Note: Applicants residing outside Kerala shall remit the fee through Demand Draft drawn in favor of the Finance Officer, Kannur University, payable at SBT Kannur University, Thavakkara Branch.
Kannur University PhD Admission 2017 Selection Procedure
Selection will be on the basis of Candidate’s marks/grades in the qualifying degree examination and performance in the entrance test conducted by the university. Shortlisted candidates will be ultimately called for an interview, on successful completion of which candidates shall be admitted to the university.
- The entrance test will be of three hours duration and will carry a maximum of 100 marks including objective and descriptive questions. Syllabus for the entrance test will be based on syllabus of UGC/CSIR/NET examinations
- Candidates with 50% marks in the entrance examination (35% for SC/ST candidates) shall be eligible for registration to course work leading to Ph.D. Program. There will be no revaluation of answer scripts.
- The Candidates who qualify the Entrance Test are to undergo six months regular compulsory Course Work. Only those candidates (qualified & exempted from entrance exam) who produce willingness from a Research Guide who is in regular service to supervise their research work will only be granted registration to Course Work & PhD Program.
Exempted candidates (from the Entrance test)
- Regular Teachers of Government/Aided College & University Teaching Department
- Regular Teachers of unaided Colleges under Kannur University with 5 Years of continues teaching experience.
- Candidates who have qualified CSIR/UGC-NET/ICAR/ICMR, KSCSTE/JRF Examination
- Candidates who are selected for the direct fellowship of state, Central Govt. funding agencies.
- Candidates who hold M.Phil. degree under regular scheme from Recognized Universities
- Candidates who have selected for Rajeev Gandhi National Fellowship
- Scientists/Social Scientists with experience for not less than 3 years after getting permanent appointment at recognized Research Centers under Central/State government or Central/State Government funding agencies.
Kannur University Contact Details
Fax: 0497 2711 460
E mail: email@example.com
Enquiry number: 04972715335