Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam is a public university. It has released a notification for admission to MSW and M.Tech program. Candidates who wish to apply can download the application form from the official website of the university. The minimum eligibility to apply for the program is graduation degree with at least 50% marks.
The selection is done on the basis of written test followed by interview. Students have to qualify both the stages of selection process to be eligible for admission to MSW and M.Tech program.
- M.Tech in Computer Science and Technology – 4 years
- MSW Self-financing (Master of Social Work in Self-financing) – 2 years
Mahatma Gandhi University MSW & M.Tech Important Dates
|Last date of form submission for MSW program||July 15, 2017|
|Last date of form submission for M.Tech program||July 20, 2017|
Mahatma Gandhi University MSW & M.Tech Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for admission to MSW and M.Tech programs, candidates must fulfill the complete eligibility criteria mentioned below:
Eligibility for M.Tech in Computer Science and Technology:
- Candidates should have passed B.Tech degree in Computer Science and Engineering/ Technology or Information Technology or equivalent degree from an institution approved by Mahatma Gandhi University and the All India Council for Technical Education.
- Students must have secured at least 55% marks in aggregate in the Engineering Degree.
- Applicants who are awaiting for final result are also eligible to apply for the program.
Eligibility for MSW Program:
- Applicants must have bachelor’s degree from Mahatma Gandhi University or any other Universities recognized by Mahatma Gandhi University.
- The minimum marks required to be eligible for the program is 50%.
- There is relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category candidates.
Read More MGU Admission
Mahatma Gandhi University MSW & M.Tech Application Process
The registration process has started already. Candidates who wish to apply can download the application form from the official website of the university i.e. www.mgu.ac.in. The registration window will close on July 15, 2017 for M.Tech program and July 20, 2017 for MSW program. Applications received after the due date will not be accepted.
It is candidate’s responsibility to make sure that, all the information which is mentioned on the application form must be correct and similar to the information of original documents. If any candidate found ineligible at the time of admission process his/ her candidature will be cancelled.
Duly filled application form with all the required documents send it to the prescribed address mentioned below:
|Address for M.Tech||Address for MSW|
|The Professor and Head, School of Computer Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, P.D. Hills P.O., Kottayam-686560 (Phone Number: 0481-2731037)||To office of the Assistant Registrar (CAP), Mahatma Gandi University, Priyadarsini Hills, Kottayam-686560.|
Steps to Apply:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.mgu.ac.in.
- Click on admission tab and download application form
- Fill application form with all the required documents
- Attach all the required documents and demand draft
- Send it to prescribed address.
Candidates have to pay an application fee at the time of registration process. Students can submit the registration fee by way of challan/ Pay-in-slip at any branch of State Bank of India (Challan can be downloaded from the University website) / University Cash Counter /Friends Janasevana Kendram.
|Course Name||Registration fee||Registration fee (SC/ ST)|
|M.Tech in Computer Science and Technology||INR 800||INR 400|
|MSW (Master of Social Work in Self-financing)||INR 1000||INR 500|
Mahatma Gandhi University MSW & M.Tech Selection Process
For M.Tech in Computer Science and Technology:
- The selection is done on the basis of entrance test namely GATE and interview.
- Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their GATE score will be called for interview round. Rank list will be published in institution as well as in website before admission.
- If seats remain vacant, university will conduct its own entrance test for candidates have not qualified GATE.
- The selection process consists of written test which is mandatory for all candidate.
- Admission will be based on the marks secured in the entrance test only.
- Candidates have to attempt 50 Multiple Choice Questions in the duration of one hour.
- One mark will be awarded for every correct answer.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect and unanswered questions.
Mahatma Gandhi University Kottayam Contact Details
Mahatma Gandhi University is one of the prestigious universities. It was established on Gandhi Jayanti, 2 October 1983 in the Kottayam district of Kerala, India. The university has around 100 affiliated colleges spread over five districts in central Kerala.
Address: 73, 1st Floor, LB Road, Opp Adyar Tel Exchange,
Teachers Colony, Venkatarathinam Nagar, Adyar,
Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600020.
Last Updated - 15 Jul 2017