IIM, Indore has released notification regarding admission to its two-year Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) for the academic session 2016-18. The interested candidates can apply for the program, commencing from July 2016, through Common Admission Test-2015 till September 25, 2015.
Scores from CAT Exam (Indian candidates) or GMAT (in case of foreign candidates) are a prerequisite in the 3-step admission process to PGP of IIM Indore, which will be conducted in Mumbai. On the basis of their CAT/GMAT scores, the candidates will be short-listed for Written Ability Test (WAT) and Principal Interview (PI), after which he/she will finally be admitted to the course based on an overall assessment.
Keep reading to know the eligibility criteria, admission process and selection process for admission to PGP in Management Programme at IIM Indore.
Schedule for Admission to PGP in Management at IIM Indore:
Registration window for CAT 2015
August 6, 2015 – September 25, 2015
Common Admission Test (CAT 2015)
November 29, 2015
Last date to submit complete applications for admission to IIM Indore
January 09, 2016
Intimation of the short-listed candidates for WAT & PI
Commencement of 2-year programme
Eligibility Criteria for IIM Indore PGP Admission 2016:
The eligibility criteria for admission to the PGP in Management 2016 at IIM Indore is different for national and foreign candidates.
For Indian Candidates:
- CAT Exam Scores: The candidate must have appeared for CAT 2015 and secured a minimum percentile cut-off (sectional as well as overall) to apply for admission to PGP in Management Programme in IIM Indore.
- Graduation: The candidate must possess a graduate degree, in any discipline, with a minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA which is calculated as per the procedure followed by the recognized university or institution. For reserved categories such as SC/ST/OBC, the minimum required aggregate is 45%
- CGPA to Percentage of Marks conversion: In case the university does not possess any scheme to convert the CGPA into equivalent marks, the same shall be calculated by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100
- Pursuing Graduation: The candidates who are in the final year of graduation or are awaiting their results can also apply subject to proper verification which will be carried out at the time of final selection
Reservation Criteria for Admission to IIM Indore PGP 2016:
The following table lists the reservation criteria for different categories for admission to PGP in Management at IIM Indore:
Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC)
For NRI/Foreign candidates:
- Category Eligibility: The candidate will be eligible in this category only if he/she holds an Indian passport and expects to live, work or study outside India for at least 12 months continuously between December 1, 2014 and January 31, 2016
- Graduate Management Admission Test 2015 Score: The candidate should have a valid GMAT score with minimum overall score of 700. Only the scores of GMAT taken between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2015 will considered for admission
- Graduation: The candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50% aggregate or equivalent CGPA, from a recognized university or institution. The method of conversion from CGPA to percentage of marks is same as for Indian candidates
- Pursuing Graduation: The international candidates who are in the final year of graduation are also eligible to apply for the program provided that he/she submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2016 from the Principal/Registrar of his/her College/Institute confirming his graduation on or before the date of issue of the certificate. The candidates who apply under this category will have to face verification at various stages of selection process
Application Process for Admission to PGP in Management Programme 2016 at IIM Indore:
For Indian candidates:
- Candidates who wish to apply for admission to the two-year PGP of IIM Indore must appear in the Common Admission Test (CAT 2015) which will be conducted on November 29, 2015.
- The interested eligible candidates can apply online and register for CAT 2015 by September 25, 2015
- Candidates must select the option of IIM Indore available during the registration process to apply for its PGP 2016 while registering for CAT 2015. Upon the closure of CAT registration window, no change in the following category will be entertained
For International candidates:
- The NRI/foreign candidates who wish to apply for admission to PGP of IIM Indore must possess a valid GMAT Exam score taken in the country of his/ her residence. They can download the prescribed application form to apply for the course.
- Completely filled-in applications should be submitted, along with the essential documents, till January 9, 2016. The applicant must also submit a non-refundable application fee of US $100 through demand draft (DD)
- The DD should be drawn in favour of “Indian Institute of Management, Indore” and payable at Indore. The duly filled-in application, along with all the necessary documents and the fee, should be sent to the following address:
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road
Indore-453556, Madhya Pradesh, India
Phone: 0731- 2439685 / 686
List of Documents to be submitted along with the completed applications:
- A copy of the latest GMAT scores (original to be verified at the time of admission, if selected) duly attested
- A copy of the latest TOEFL score, if the medium of instruction has not been English, (original to be verified at the time of admission, if selected) duly attested
- Three letters of recommendation from a competent authority (Teacher/Employer)
- A Statement of Purpose
- Attested photocopy of Passport
Selection Process for IIM Indore PGP Admission 2016:
For Indian Candidates:
- All the aspiring candidates will become eligible for next stage of admission only after he/she passes the necessary sectional and overall percentile cut-offs based on his/her CAT 2015 exam scores
- The eligible candidates will be short-listed for the next stage on the basis of the merit list which will be made from the composite score generated through a formula. The selected candidates will be intimated for WAT & PI in January 2016
- The candidates will be tested on the basis of WAT and different parameters of PI by thhe Admissions Committee. The short-listed candidates will go through for the final stage of selection process
- The candidate will finally be selected on the basis of the merit list generated through the final composite score which will be calculated with an overall assessment of academic record, performance in CAT 2015 exam, as well as WAT and PI
For International candidates:
- The eligible foreign/NRI candidates will be short-listed for WAT and PI on the basis of their performance in GMAT exam, academic record, and relevant work experience
- The short-listed candidates will finally be admitted to the PGP on the basis of his/her academic record and achievements, relevant work experience, as well as performance in GMAT, WAT & PI