Bharati Vidyapeeth University (BVU), Pune (a deemed university) invites the applications from the eligible candidates for admission to MD/MS/Diploma Courses at BVP Medical College and Hospital, Pune and BVP Medical College and Hospital, Sangli for the academic year 2016-17.
Last Date for Submitting filled-in Application Forms to BVDU, Pune
November 27, 2015 (05.00 pm)
Issue of duplicate admission cards to those candidates
December 02, 2015 (10:00 AM respective centre)
Date and time of Common Entrance Test
December 03, 2015 (11.00 am to 02.00 pm)
Declaration of Results
Will be declared in BVDU Website
Commencement of Programmes
May 02, 2016
BVP Medical College and Hospital, Pune offers the MD, MS and Diploma courses and other courses.
BVP Medical College and Hospital, Sangli offers the MD, MS and Diploma courses and other courses.
BVP Pune PG Medical Entrance Test 2016 Eligibility Criteria:
1. Candidate must be an Indian National.
2. Candidate must have passed a MBBS exam from Medical Council of India (MCI), New Delhi recognized medical college.
3. Candidate should have completed the compulsory rotating internship on or before April 30, 2016 from MCI recognized College / Hospital situated in India and must have to produce a completion certificate before joining the programme.
4. Permanent Registration Number
- Candidate must have a permanent registration number from any State Medical Council in India or Medical Council of India
- If any candidate does not have then he/ she will have to obtain the registration number within one month after taking admission to the PG programme
- If he/ she fails to obtain the registration number then his/ her admission will be cancelled automatically
5. Foreign/ NRI/ PIO and OCI Candidates
If candidates from this category and seeking to admission then must fulfill the following:
- He/ she must have obtain final registration from the MCI, New Delhi
- Candidate who have passed MBBS degree from a recognized medical college in India under NRI category, he/ she will not be considered under regular category for PG programme even if he possesses recognized MBBS degree from an Indian University
6. If any candidate pass the MBBS exam from the outside of India from a university recognized by Medical Council of India then
- Such candidate is not considered in Regular Category for admission
- They must have to obtain a registration certificate from Medical Council of India or from a State Medical Council in India
- He/ she must also have completed one year internship in India from a recognized Medical College
7. If any candidate does not fulfill the above given eligibility criteria then such candidate will not be considered for admission requirements then irrespective of his / her appearing for MEDPET 2016 examination and securing a rank in the merit list.
8. The candidates possessing Diploma qualification in the same subject recognized by the Medical Council of India will get the facility for exemption of 1st year of the 3 year residency (Post- Graduation Period) in the same subject.
BVP Pune PG (MD, MS and Diploma) Admission Procedure:
1. Candidate will be selected on the basis of merit secured by the applicants in the MEPGET-2016 exam.
2. Minimum Marks in Entrance Exam
- General candidates must have to secure at least 50% marks in MDPET 2016
- Candidate from SC/ ST category should have obtained at least 40% marks
3. Tie Breaking:
If any two or more candidates secured the equal marks in the entrance exam then the following procedure will be used to break the tie:
- Only such candidate will get first preference who obtained the higher marks in the III MBBS examination, if still tie then
- Candidate will be preferred on the basis of grand total of marks in I, II and III M.B.B.S. examinations, if still tie then
- Candidate will be preference on the basis of total marks in the 12th class in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects taken together
- If equal then candidate will be preferred on the basis of total marks in the 10th class
MEDPET 2016 Exam Centre:
MEDPET-2016 exam will be conducted at the centres in the following cities
- Navi Mumbai
- New Delhi
MEDPET 2016 Exam Pattern:
MEDPET-2016 question paper will contain 200 multiple type questions. And the questions will be from I, II and III MBBS exam and more weightage will be given to clinical subjects.
- Duration of the exam will be 3 hours
- Each correct answer will be awarded by 1 mark
- No negative marking for wrong answer
- No negative marking for unanswered questions
MEDPET-2016 Application Process:
- The eligible candidate must get the application form at the end of this Brochure
- Send the filled in application form to the below address on or before the date
Registrar, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University
C.E.T. Centre, Second Floor, Bharati Vidyapeeth Bhavan
L.B.S. Marg, Pune - 411 030
List of Documents to be sent along with application form:
The self-attested photocopy of the following documents must be enclosed with the application form
- Mark sheet of 10th class
- Mark sheet of 12th or equivalent examination
- I, II and III MBBS examinations mark statement
- If the candidate is employed then for admission to Post Graduate Medical Courses, he/she should submit 'No Objection Certificate' from the employer
- Certificate from the Dean / Principal of the Medical College of the candidate stating, that the College is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), New Delhi
List of Documents required at the time of Counselling:
Candidates must bring the following original documents and also bring the two sets of attested photocopies of same documents (to be submitted). Failing this, they will not be considered for admission.
- Six passport size photograph
- Mark sheet of 10th class or equivalent examination
- Mark sheet of 12th class or equivalent examination
- I, II and III MBBS examinations mark statement
- MBBS Degree / Passing Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Completion certificate of Internship
- Certificate of registration with State Medical Council/ Medical Council of India
- Attempt Certificate
- Nationality Certificate and Domicile Certificate
- If the candidate is employed then he/ she should submit a 'No Objection Certificate' from the employer
- Caste Certificate ( If Applicable)
- Medical fitness certificate
- Declaration stating that the candidate is not undergoing any Postgraduate course in any other institution
- Certificate from the Dean / Principal of the Medical College of the candidate stating, that the College is recognized by the Medical Council of India, New Delhi
- Conduct / Character Certificate from Dean / Principal of the last college attended
- Only Photo copy of Photo Identity Card issued by any Government Agency (PAN Card, Driving License, Passport etc.)
- Caste validity Certificate ( only for candidates of SC/ST category)
- Demand Draft of requisite amount in favour of "The Registrar Bharati Vidyapeeth University" payable at Pune