Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences provides admission to candidates into Master of Public Health course and Diploma in Optometry and Ophthalmic Assistance. The application process is ongoing and will last till July 25, 2017.
The eligibility criterion of Master of Public Health is Bachelor’s degree in concerned subject with minimum 50% marks. The eligibility criterion of Diploma Optometry & Opthalmic Assistance is 10+2 or its equivalent with Science subject (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) with minimum 45% marks. The application form is available in both online and offline modes. The application fee of INR 300 must be paid through Demand draft or cash in the university campus.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the qualifying examination. The duration of both courses is 2-years and seat intake is 10 per course.
Read More PIMS Admission
PIMS MPH Diploma Optometry & Opthalmic Assistance Admission Important Dates
The application form is available on the official website. Application process has already started since June 15, 2017 and will last till July 25, 2017. Some other important dates are as follows:
|Availability of Admission Form||June 15, 2017|
|Last Date for submission of filled in Admission Forms||July 25, 2017|
|Admission of Selected Candidates||July 30, 2017|
|Academic Session Begins||August 1, 2017|
PIMS MPH Diploma Optometry & Opthalmic Assistance Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility norms are set up by the university only according to the needs of university. For different courses, the eligibility criteria are different.
Master of Public Health-(MPH)
Candidates with minimum 50% marks (minimum 45% for SC/ST/OBC) in the subjects from any Indian University or their equivalent recognized degree from foreign University. The eligibility criterion for Master of Public Health is as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in any Science subjects (biological, physical, mathematical, veterinary etc)
- Bachelor’s degree in any medical (MBBS, BAMS, BHMS, BUMS), dental, nursing, physiotherapy, pharmacy, public health and other allied health sciences
- Bachelor’s degree in Social & Humanitarian Sciences such as Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology, Journalism, Law, Social Work, Women Studies & Management etc
- Bachelor’s degree other than the above-mentioned subjects will be considered only if the candidate has a minimum of 5 years working experience in supervisory capacity in government or private/NGO sector in the field of Public Health
Diploma in Optometry and Ophthalmic Assistance:
10+2 or its equivalent with Science subject (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) with minimum 45% marks. SC, ST & OBC category students the minimum marks required will be 40%. For applying into this course, the minimum age of candidate must be 17 years.
PIMS MPH Diploma Optometry & Opthalmic Assistance Application Process
Application process is completely offline. Candidates interested in taking admission can obtain the application form in following ways:
- By sending a request letter to the Director, Centre for Social Medicine along with D.D. for INR 300 in favour of Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences- Deemed University.
- By downloading from the website www.pravara.com and submitting the downloaded Application Form along with a D.D. for INR 300
- From the Counter of Center for Social Medicine on cash payment of INR 300 on working days from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
The steps involved in application process are as follows:
- Visit the official website
- Click on Admission’ tab and further on ‘MPH & Diploma Optometry Admission 2017’
- A new window will appear showing intro of the course, click on ‘Download complete prospectus’
- Prospectus-cum-Application form will appear, download it and take a printout
- Fill the form, enclose it with relevant documents and Demand draft and sent it to
The Office of the Director,
Center for Social Medicine
Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences,
Loni 413 736 Tal-Rahata,
Dist - Ahmednagar, (M.S.)
Candidates need to attach some documents for the verification of their candidature. The attested Xerox copies of documents to be attached with the application form are:
- Date of Birth Certificate (SSC Passing)
- Year wise Statement of Marks of Courses Passed (a) S.S.C., (b) H.S.C., (c) Degree, (d) Any other course Diploma / Certificate
- Degree / Passing Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Leaving Certificate (Last College attended)
- Migration Certificate
- Degree equivalence certificate by AIU and respective statutory bodies in India (for foreign university students)
Application fee payment is the last step of application process. Candidates must pay application fee of INR 300 through offline mode. In offline mode, candidates can pay through Demand Draft drawn in favour of Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences- Deemed University or cash payment at the university.
PIMS MPH Diploma Optometry & Opthalmic Assistance Selection Process
Selection of candidates will be purely merit based. Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the qualifying examination.
Verification of original documents will be carried out at the time of admission. The document required are:
- Nationality Certificate / Domicile Certificate / Valid Passport
- Leaving / Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Gap Certificate (if applicable)
Note: After verification of documents, a formal interview is conducted.
Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences University was established on 29th September 2003. The university has various international collaborations in Sweden, Italy, Germany and Colombia. It offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral and diploma courses in fields of Nursing, Physiotherapy, Dentistry and Medicine.
For any further query or doubt related to admission, kindly contact at:
Contact No.: 02422-271305
Last Updated - 21 Jul 2017