Shivaji University, located in Kolhapur, has a number of courses on offer and a distance education centre to reckon with. The distance education centre is affiliated to the Distance Education Council or DEC and the degrees conferred by it are recognized by the University Grants Commission. Among the courses on offer, the distance education centre offers two courses of MBA- a general one and an executive one.
The 2 MBA courses have some common features, which are discussed below:
- The course is 2 years long and is divided into 4 semesters.
- Specialization papers are offered in both the courses.
- The examination for graduating in the programme are conducted between April and June.
- To graduate with a degree, a student has to pass in all the 32 papers of the course with at least 40%.
The graduation certification that a student receives has got the following marks denomination:
- For marks between 50% and 60%, a student is given a Class II degree.
- For marks between 60% and 70%, a student is conferred a Class I degree.
- For marks between 70%, a student is conferred a Class I degree with distinction.
The specialization papers that a student of General MBA can opt for are:
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Human Resources Management
- Production and Materials Management
The specialization papers for students of Executive MBA are:
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Banking and Finance
- Human Resources Management
- Industrial Management
- Management of Higher Education
Eligibility criterion to be met for the course:
The Shivaji University Correspondence MBA criterion ensures that deserving candidates get a chance at completing or furthering their education. The requirements of the university is given below:
- An applicant should have at least 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC) upon graduation with a bachelor’s degree.
- An applicant should clear the MBA entrance test conducted by the university.
- 2 years worth experience in a private/government/semi government organization in a managerial or supervisory position which is equivalent to a class I or class II official post in a government agency.
- A student needs to appear for the entrance examination, based on whose results, his or her admission will be sanctioned.
- The cost of appearing for the examination is given below:
- Rs 100 for students who hold degrees from colleges/universities in Maharashtra.
- Rs 300 for students who hold degrees from Colleges/Universities outside Maharashtra.
- Rs 500 for students who hold degrees from colleges/universities outside India.
- The fees for the entrance test can be paid using a demand draft, drawn in favour of the Finance and Accounts officer, Shivaji University, Kolhapur, payable at Kolhapur.
- The entrance examination is usually conducted in the month of June.
The Shivaji University Correspondence MBA admission procedure for 2014 is yet to begin. The notice for admission will be given on the website.
Fees to be Paid for the Courses:
The Shivaji University Correspondence MBA fee structure is broken up in the following way:
- Rs 17,975 needs to be paid for first 2 semesters and the same amount needs to be paid for semesters 3 and 4.
- The amount includes registration fees, course fees and study centre fees.
- Late fees and fees for failed subjects are also charged by the university.