Shivaji University was started in Kolhapur with the aim of providing quality education to students irrespective of their caste, creed, financial backgrounds etc. The university offers a number of courses, out of which one is the MBA course. The University offers regular degrees and has a flourishing distance education center. The center for distance education is recognized by the DEC and receives regular grants from it. The degrees given out are recognized by the UGC.
The university offers 2 kinds of MBA degrees- MBA and MBA Executive in the distance mode.
Common Features of Both the Programs:
- They are 2 years and 2 months long, i.e. the course is divided into 4 semesters.
- Both have elective papers in Semesters III and IV.
- Both have examinations that are conducted between the months of April- June.
- To get the degree, a student has to clear all 32 papers with at least 40% marks.
- If a student gets above 50% and below 60%, then he is slotted in Class II.
- For above 60% and below 70%, he is slotted in Class I.
- Above 70%, a student is given Class I with distinction.
The elective papers offered to students of MBA in the distance mode include:
- Financial Management.
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Production and Materials Management.
For students pursuing the MBA executive program, the electives offered are:
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Banking and Finance
- Management of Higher Education
- Industrial Management
- Human Resource Management.
Criteria to be met for enrolling for the programme:
Like other government sponsored university, Shivaji University Distance MBA Criterion is quite demanding. A candidate needs to fulfill the following clauses:
- Graduation in any stream with at least 50% marks (45% for reserved categories).
- 3 years worth experience in a supervising post from a Government/Semi-Government/ Private Sector company which is equivalent to Class I or II post in a government agency.
- Clearance of Entrance Test conducted by the University.
The degree offered is quite precious and the university offers good backing for placement, which justifies the stringent rules.
Admission Procedure for the Program
- A student needs to fill in the enrollment form and appear for the entrance examination.
- The cost of the enrollment form is given as follows:
- Rs 100/- for graduates of Universities in Maharashtra.
- Rs 300/- for graduates of other Indian universities.
- Rs 500/- for graduates of foreign universities.
- The notice for Shivaji University Distance MBA admission procedure for 2014 is yet to be out on the website.
Cost of enrollment in the programme:
The Shivaji University Distance MBA fee structure is similar for the two programs:
- Course fee is Rs 20,000/- and the Projected fee is Rs 1,500/-. Hence, the total amount comes to Rs 21,500/-
- Students can pay the fees in installments. The first installment stands at Rs 10,000/- and the second installment at Rs 10,500/-.
The Shivaji University Distance MBA fee for examinations and other miscellaneous heads will be announced on the website as and when required. The cost of studying MBA under this university is quite low especially when compared with the privately operated universities.
The special Executive MBA degree is quite attractive especially for professionals placed in good companies. This degree will help them sharpen their managerial skills and hence get promoted easily.Last Updated - 28 Jan 2015