Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University was established by Maharshi Dave in 1916. The university is accredited to the University Grants Commission or UGC and it was the first university to get 5 star status by the NAAC committee. The university has 36 departments and 26 colleges. In 1979, the distance education directorate was started by the university. The Center for Distance Education offers an MBA program as well.
Details of Distance MBA From SNDT Women’s University:
The SNDT Women’s University offers a PG Diploma in Human Resources Management. The course objectives are:
- To disseminate knowledge in the sphere of management among women.
- Provide opportunities to working women for participating in academic activities of the university.
- To provide a well built platform for working women to further their professional qualification.
- To provide proper interactive platform between students of SNDT Women’s University and the professional world.
The course is one year long.
Eligibility for the course:
The Distance MBA from SNDT-Women’s University Criterion is not very demanding. Any woman graduate from any stream is eligible to enroll for this program. The graduation degree should be from a recognized college or university in India.
The recognition of the university or college should come from the Association of Indian Universities.
Admission process to the MBA course:
To admit oneself in the distance MBA program under the SNDT Women’s University, one will have to put oneself through a rigorous admission procedure.
- A common entrance test is conducted by the university.
- Students need to clear the entrance test in order to get a call for admission.
- The examination tests a student’s knowledge about various topics.
The distance MBA from SNDT-Women’s University Admission Procedure for 2014 has started for various subjects.
Fees for the course:
Since the course is not a very long one, the Distance MBA from SNDT- Women’s University fee is also not very high. For the year long course, you will have to pay Rs 15,500/-. The fees can be paid online or at the university. A toll free number and email address has been provided that students can contact for more information.
The SNDT Women’s University also offers an on-campus MBA program in Retail Management. It is 2 years long and is divided in terms of semesters. The admission procedure for it is also the CET, although any recognized aptitude test is also considered.
Many people want to get an MBA done nowadays because it helps to have this degree for the sake of a promotion. It also helps one to understand their business better.
SNDT Women’s University is a prestigious institute and this degree offers good placements to students.Last Updated - 28 Jan 2015