The University of Mumbai had started it distance education directorate way back in 1971 and was the 7th university in the country to do so. The distance education directorate is now known as “Institute of Distance and Open Learning”. The IDOL offers a number of courses at the bachelor’s and master’s level. The students do well and some have even gone on to top the university and receive the Chancellor’s Medal.
The University of Mumbai offers a PG Diploma of 2 years in financial management and operations research management.
Common features about the course:
- The course is a 2 year one.
- Students are tested in 8 papers.
- To clear a paper, a student has to score 50% or more in the examinations conducted.
- Online classes and access to the university’s library and audio visual room is allowed to the student in order to aid the student in doing well.
- The courses are not based on credit system.
Eligibility for the Course:
- For both the PG Diploma in Financial Management and Operations Research Management, a candidate has to have a bachelor’s degree.
- A certified 2 years long work experience is also required to pursue the course.
- Defense persons who are not degree holders are allowed to enroll in the course.
Mumbai University Distance MBA criterion is like any other MBA program conducted by a state or national level university.
The admission procedures for all the courses are similar.
- Students are offered the facility of online admission.
- An interested candidate has to scan his/her photograph, and mark sheets and submit it.
- The fees can be paid using online banking account/ credit/debit card or challan available.
- If a student is from a university other than Mumbai University, then he or she has to submit Rs 400/- extra for recognition of certificates.
- Once the process has been completed, a student can take a printout of the study material form.
- On showing the study material form at the IDOL building in the Mumbai University campus, a student will be given the study materials for the course.
- An online identification card is issued to students once the verification formality is completed.
- A student does not have to submit a form physically. However, it is advisable to keep a copy of the admission form.
This process of admission is both time saving and less harassing.
Mumbai University Distance MBA admission procedure for 2014 is yet to begin. The usual time for admission to any course under University of Mumbai is July-August.
Mumbai University Distance MBA Fee for the Courses:
The fee for the course is charged in 2 parts.
- The fees for the first year for both PG Diploma in Finance Management and Operations Research Management is Rs 4285/-.
- The fees for the second year for both the subjects is Rs 3710/-
The University also conducts an induction meeting according to the subject chosen to make students feel at home and to explain to them how the system works.Last Updated - 28 Jan 2015