University of Mumbai started its distance education wing, entitled “Institute of Distance and Open Learning”, in 1971. The University was the 7th one in the country to start such a facility. The IDOL offers both bachelor’s and master’s degrees and students have even gone on to win the Chancellor’s medal after studying here.
The IDOL offers a 2 year PG Diploma in Financial Management and Operations and Research Management.
Common parameters of the 2 courses:
- The courses are 2 years long and they are divided into semesters.
- A student will have to appear in 8 papers.
- To clear a paper, a student will have to score at least 50% in the examination.
- The courses are not based on credit system.
- Students are allowed audio/visual aids and access to library in order to cope with the course well.
University of Mumbai Correspondence MBA Eligibility Criteria:
To enroll oneself for the PG Diploma in Financial Management or Operations and Research Management, a student has to fulfill the following criteria:
- An applicant has to have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a reputed college or university.
- 2 years of work experience at a managerial or supervisory position is required.
- Defense persons who do not hold degrees are allowed to enroll for the course.
University of Mumbai Correspondence MBA criterion is similar to those set by government run organizations.
Enrollment in the Course:
To enroll for the course, a student has to follow these steps:
- Admission forms are available online for download.
- An applicant has to scan his/her mark sheets along with photographs for submission.
- Fees for the admission procedure can be paid online using a debit/credit card or through the challan available on the website.
- For applicants who have obtained their bachelor’s degree from universities outside the state, an additional Rs 400/- needs to be deposited as charges for recognizing certificates.
- Once the form has been submitted, an applicant can take a print out of the study materials form.
- The printed out study materials form needs to be taken to the IDOL building on the University of Mumbai campus to collect the study materials.
- A printed out copy of the admission form need not be submitted to the university separately. However, it is advisable for a student to retain a copy of it.
The University of Mumbai Correspondence MBA admission procedure for 2014 is yet to begin. Admission procedures usually begin in the month of July-August.
University of Mumbai Correspondence MBA fee is taken in two periods.
- For the first year, a student will have to pay Rs 4285/- irrespective of the course a student is pursuing.
- For the second year, a student will have to pay Rs 3710/-.
- Once a student enrolls for the course, s/he will be invited to attend to attend an induction lesson where a student will be familiarized with the course and workings of the university.
The university offers a good course which has a lot of employment prospects and will help you further your career too.Last Updated - 28 Jan 2015