Mizoram University has invited applications for admission to B.Voc Program (Lateral Entry) for the session 2017-18. The university is offering B.Voc program (in 3rd semester) in 2 specializations i.e. Software development and web design & Multimedia. Selection to the course will be on the basis of eligibility criteria. Last date to submit application fees for B.Voc program (Lateral Entry) is July 25, 2017.
- Application forms are available only in online mode and can be filled by visiting the official website i.e. www.mzu.edu.in
- Application fees of INR 700 for General category candidates and 350 for SC/ST candidates can be paid only through credit card, debit card and net banking.
- Last date to submit hard copies of the necessary documents is July 31, 2017
- Merit list of the shortlisted candidates will be generated on August 2, 2017.
- Counselling of the shortlisted candidates will take place on August 2, 2017.
Note: Candidates interested in Mizoram University B.Voc program can apply only through recent Mozilla Firefox Browser
About Mizoram University B.Voc Program
Information regarding Mizoram University B.Voc program is mentioned in the table below
|Duration of the Course||3 years|
|B.Voc specializations are offered in||B.Voc in Software Development|
B.Voc in Web Design and Multimedia
|Total seats offered in both the specializations||50 seats each|
|Total fees per annum for each specialization||INR 10,000|
|Scholarship||Yes, under the scheme of “ISHAN UDAY” only for North Eastern Region|
|Reservation policy||As per ordinance and regulations of Mizoram University|
Mizoram University B.Voc Program (Lateral Entry) 2017 Important Dates
Dates for admission to Mizoram University B.Voc. Program, in case of lateral entry, are
|Availability of application form||June 26, 2017|
|Last date for Submission of application form||July 25, 2017|
|Last date for submission of Hard copy of application form||July 31, 2017|
|Merit list will be generated on||August 2, 2017 (10:30 am)|
|Date of Counselling||August 2, 2017|
|Admission process will begin on||August 3- August 11, 2017|
|Classes will commence from||August 12, 2017|
Mizoram University B.Voc (Lateral Entry) 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria for admission to both the B.Voc specializations. Mizoram University B.Voc Program (Lateral Entry) eligibility Criteria is mentioned below
B.Voc in Software Development
Applicants must have a diploma in any of the following courses are eligible for B.Voc in Software development- IT(Information Technology), Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Architecture and other relevant disciplines.
B.Voc in Web-Design and Multimedia
Aspirants must have a diploma in any of the following disciplines are eligible for admission to Mizoram University B.Voc in Web Design and Multimedia- Web Design, Multimedia, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science (CS), Electrical, Electronics, Architecture and other relevant disciplines.
Mizoram University B.Voc Program (Lateral Entry) 2017 Application Process
Interested aspirants are advised to verify their eligibility before registering into Mizoram University B.Voc Program (Lateral Entry). Eligible applicants can go to the official website of Mizoram University i.e. www.mzu.edu.in for registration. Application form is available only in online mode. Candidates can only apply through recent version of Mozilla Firefox Browser. Detailed application process is mentioned below.
- Applicants must have valid email ID and mobile phone number for admission registration.
- After registration, Application ID with OTP will be sent to the registered email ID and candidate’s contact number.
- Using the login credentials, applicants must logon to the Admission Portal where they can change the given password.
- Using the Application ID and the new password, applicants must logon to the portal to proceed with form filling.
- Applicants need to complete all the items given on online application form for final submission. After final submission, no further changes will be allowed.
- Application Fees of INR 700 for General category candidates and INR 350 for St/ST categories must be paid in online mode only through credit cards, debit cards and net banking
- After completion and submission of the online form, filled-in form in PDF format will be generated.
Applicant must take printout of the duly filled in application form and send the hard-copy along with all necessary documents to the following address:
The Assistant Registrar, Academics Section,
Mizoram University, Tanhril,
Aizawl Mizoram – 796004
- Attested copy of the following documents must be enclosed with the hard copy of MZU application form
i) Class X mark sheet and certificate
ii) Class XII mark sheet and certificate
iii) Qualifying diploma degree mark sheet
v) Caste certificate (if applicable)
vi) Mizoram University registration card (if any)
vii) Any other relevant documents
- Soft (scanned) copy Class X Certificate must be uploaded as a proof of name and age of the candidate.
- Applicants can also apply for more than one course. Separate registration and fee payment is required for each course.
Mizoram University B.Voc Opportunities
Candidates can get opportunity in various fields. Information regarding the same is mentioned below.
Opportunities for graduate in B.Voc (software Developer)
After completion of first year
- EDP in-charge
- Computer automation assistant/ Computer operator
- Computer trainer/ teacher
- Software marketing executive
After completion of second year
- Database architect
- Testing engineer
- Network administrator
IT manager/ EDP manager/ IT head
After completion of third year
- Software developer/ programmer/ Engineer
- Programmer analyst
- System engineer
- Software consultant
- Data base administrator
Opportunities for graduates in B.Voc (Web Technology & Multimedia)
After completion of first year
- HTML/CSS Designer
- E-content developer
- Web content manager
After completion of second year
- PHP Developer
- Web Programmer
- Web Portal Manager
- Web animation artist
- Web Front End Developer
- Interactive Multimedia Web Content Developer
After completion of the third year
- Web Master
- Web Host Manager
- E-Business Photographer
- Web Communication Manager
- Web User Interface Developer
- Multimedia Support Specialist for Web
Mizoram University Contact Details
Mizoram University, Aizawl, is a Central University and was established in 2001. NAAC accredited Grade ‘A’ to the university and it is also a member of AIU. University offers under-graduate, post-graduate and doctoral courses.
Contact: Prof. S. K. Mehta
Coordinator- B. Voc Courses
The Assistant Registrar (Academics),
Administration-I, Mizoram University,
Official Website www.mzu.edu.in