Mizoram University (Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering) has released a notification for admission to M.Tech (Master of Technology) and Ph.D. in Electronics and Communication Engineering program.
The registration is done in both online and offline mode. The online registration has been closed on July 05, 2017. Candidates applying in offline mode can submit their application within seven working days from the last date of online form submission.
The selection is done on the basis of GATE score or written test namely MZU-MTEE followed by interview round. To get admission in Mizoram University, candidates must qualify both the stages.
Mizoram University M.Tech and Ph.D. Important Dates
The registration is done in online as well as offline mode. The written test will be conducted on July 27, 2017. Check the table given below for complete schedule of admission process:
|Last date of online form submission||July 05, 2017|
|Last date to submit hard copy of application form||7 working days from the last date of online form submission|
|Date of written test||July 27, 2017|
|Interview round||July 27, 2017|
|Session starts||August 01, 2017|
Mizoram University M.Tech and Ph.D. Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for admission to M.Tech and Ph.D. in Electronics and Communication Engineering program, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria given below:
Eligibility for M.Tech
- A candidate who has passed B.Tech/ M.Sc. or equivalent examination in relevant branch form any recognized university or institute are eligible to apply for admission to M.Tech program in Mizoram University.
- Applicants need minimum 55% marks to be eligible for admission. There is relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST).
- Student must have a valid GATE score or must qualify the entrance test namely- MZU-MTEE (Mizoram University Master of Technology Entrance Examination).
Eligibility for Ph.D.
- Applicants must have Master’s Degree with 60% marks from a recognized university or institute.
- Relaxation for SC/ST candidates will be as per the University Grants Commission guidelines.
Mizoram University M.Tech and Ph.D. Application Form
The online registration is done on the official website of the university i.e. www.mzu.edu.in/ till July 05, 2017. Applications received after the due date will not be entertained.
Applicants have to mention a valid email address or phone number on the application form, all the information regarding written test and further admission process will be sent by email only.
Candidates applying in offline mode are required to download the application form from the university website. Duly filled application form along with all the required document send it to “Assistant Registrar (Academic), Mizoram University, Tanhril - 796004, Aizawl, Mizoram” within 7 working days from the last date of online submission (By Speed Post).
Steps to Apply
Step 1: Visit the official website i.e. www.mzu.edu.in/.
Step 2: Click on admission link
Step 3: Register by using your email id and password
Step 4: Login after the confirmation of email
Step 5: Fill application form with all the required information
Step 6: Upload the signature and photograph in jpeg format
Step 7: Image size should not be more than 50 kb
Step 8: Verify all the information and click on submit button
Step 9: Pay the application fee by either of the available modes
Step 10: Take the print out of application form for future reference.
Mizoram University M.Tech and Ph.D. Selection Process
The selection of candidates will be based on GATE score or MZU-MTEE (Mizoram University Master of Technology Entrance Examination) followed by personal interview.
- Applicants found suitable for admission will be called for written test namely- MZU-MTEE.
- Candidates who apply on the basis of GATE score will directly call for interview round.
- Qualified candidates will participate in interview round.
- The final selection is done on the basis of candidate’s performance in written test and interview round.
GATE- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is conducted every year for admission to M.Tech/ Ph.D. in the field of engineering and technology. It is conducted on rotational basis by IITs. GATE 2018 is scheduled for February 03, 04, 10 and 11, 2018 by IIT Guwahati (Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati).
Mizoram University Contact Details
Mizoram University is a central university under the University Grants Commission, Government of India. It was established on July 2, 2001, by the Mizoram University Act (2000) of the Parliament of India. The President of India is the official Visitor, and the Governor of Mizoram acts as the Chief Rector as per Mizoram University (Amendment) Bill, 2007. The university offers admission to various UP (Under Graduate), PG (Post Graduate), and Ph.D. courses.
Address: Aizawl, Mizoram 796009
Last Updated - 13 Jul 2017