Berhampur University is inviting applications for the LL.M. program for the academic year 2017-18. Admission to the LL.M. Program shall be governed by the Regulations of the University and Rules for Admission framed by the P.G. Council and duly approved by the Syndicate.
- Application form can be submitted by the candidate at the official website till 23 June 2017.
- Candidates should have completed their LL.B. graduation course.
- Candidates interested to take admission into LL.M. course 2017 are also required to appear the Admission Test as per the schedule. However, the admission will only be finalized after publication of final LL.B. examination- 2017 results of Berhampur University.
- Total Number of Seats For Ll.m. Course is 50 Seats.
BERHAMPUR UNIVERSITY LL.M. 2017 IMPORTANT DATES
|Commencement of Online Applications||10/05/2017|
|Last Date of Applying Online with uploading of scanned documents||10/06/2017|
|Last Date of receiving Print copy of the system generated application form along with photo copies of relevant documents through Speed/Registered post by the respective Head/course Coordinator of the Department||23/06/2017|
|Downloading of Admit Card from the website||1/07/2017|
|ADMISSION TEST||7/07/2017 to 10/07/2017|
|Publication of list of Selected candidates in the website and downloading of Intimation Letter||17/07/2017|
|Last date of receiving Original Documents by Speed/Registered post for verification by the respective departments||1/08/2017|
|Commencement of classes||8/08/2017|
BERHAMPUR UNIVERSITY LL.M. 2017 COURSE DETAILS
The University seeks bright, motivated students who are interested in the social context as well as social impact of the law and are interested in contributing to the development practices and discourse through the medium of Law.
BERHAMPUR UNIVERSITY LL.M. 2017 ADMISSION ELIGIBILITY
- Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B.) from a recognized University in India or abroad.
- Candidates should have score Minimum 55% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST candidates, relaxation up to 5% marks)
- The candidates should clear the Application Test for LL.M. by the University based on which the candidates will be given admission in order of their merit.
BERHAMPUR UNIVERSITY LL.M. 2017 REGISTRATION PROCESS:
Students applying for the Institute must pat the required amount to complete their registration. The Registration can be done through following modes:
- Online Mode
- Offline/Postal Mode
A. ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Please visit the Berhampur University website www.buodisha.edu.inand follow the online application procedure and make online payment following the relevant links.
- FEE TO BE PAID ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION FORM Candidates seeking admission into various P.G. / Diploma/ Self-financing courses of Berhampur University must pay a sum of Rs. 600/- (Rupees Six Hundred) only (Rs. 500/- for SC/ST candidates) towards Processing-cum-Application fee. The amount must be paid following the online payment procedure through the admission portal. No other form of payment will be acceptable under any circumstances. Note: Processing-cum-Application Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM Candidates seeking admission into various courses of Berhampur University have to fill up online application form available at www.buodisha.edu.in on or before 10.6.2017 and send the print copy of the system generated Application Form along with photo copies of all the required documents to the respective Head / Course Coordinator of the Department by Speed/Registered post so as to reach on or before 23.06.2017. All such documents should be self-signed by the candidate. Applications received after the due date will be summarily rejected. University authorities shall not be responsible for any postal delay. Incomplete application in any form shall be rejected.
B. POSTAL ADMISSION PROCEDURE
For admission into all courses, the University has adopted postal admission system. The procedure of postal admission is as follows:
- Merit List Candidates: After downloading/receiving the Intimation Letter for admission, the candidate should send by Registered/Speed Post, all the required documents in original along with evidence of online payment of prescribed fees as per the instructions within the date mentioned in the Intimation Letter.
- Waiting List Candidates: After downloading/receiving the Intimation Letter, such candidates shall follow the same procedure for admission as laid down above for merit list candidates. Submission of documents by the waiting list candidates is voluntary and at their own risk. The University does not guarantee admission to candidates in the waiting list. Only after finalization of admission of merit list candidates, if seats remain vacant, the candidates in the waiting list shall be considered for admission in order of their position in the waiting list. As the admission of merit list and waiting list candidates is to be finalized simultaneously, the waiting list candidates are to send by Registered/Speed Post the required documents along with the prescribed fee in the form Bank Draft/Banker’s Cheque within the date mentioned in the Intimation Letter.
- Candidates who have either been selected or waitlisted for admission to more than one department are required to pay the fee for each course separately, failing which they will not be considered for admission. They may pay the fees through Bank draft/Banker’s cheque for such courses. However, they are required to send their original documents to the department of first preference indicating the names of other department/course for which they have been selected / waitlisted.
- Submission of Transfer Certificate/College Leaving Certificate in original is compulsory for both merit list and waiting list candidates.
- Failure to send the original documents and payment of requisite fees (as per the instructions in the Intimation Letter) by the date and time specified in the intimation letter shall result in forfeiture of the claim for a seat. University authorities shall not be responsible for postal delay.
- The original documents and the Bank Drafts/Banker’s Cheques of the candidates who are not admitted will be returned to them by the respective Heads through Registered/Speed Post after the admissions are over. However, the concerned candidates can take back the original documents by submitting an application to the Head of the concerned Department before the completion of the admission procedure. For candidates who have been admitted, the original documents not required by the University, may be collected from the concerned Head of the Department after the admission is finalized.
- The decision of the Head of the Department in all matters relating to admission shall be final.
BERHAMPUR UNIVERSITY LL.M. ADMISSION 2017 SELECTION PROCESS:
Candidates will be selected for LL.M. Course based on APPLICATION TEST conducted by the University. Selection will be based on Merit as well as reservation quota of the university.
RESERVATIONS IN BERHAMPUR UNIVERSITY FOR LL.M. ADMISSION 2017
Reservations are available under the following categories in all departments/courses.
- Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes: 38.75 % of the seats in different courses are reserved i.e. for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribes (22.5%) and the Scheduled Castes (16.25%). To claim reservation under these categories, applicants must submit necessary certificates to this effect issued only by a Revenue Officer of the locality not below the rank of a Tahsildar.
- Bichhinanchala: One Seat is reserved in each course having 25 seats or more for the Odias of outlying tracts of Odisha (Bichhinanchala). However, a candidate belonging to such tracts is eligible for admission against the reservation quota only if he/she fulfils the following conditions:
(i) Must have passed at least one public examination from HSC to the Degree coursewith Odia as a subject from a recognized educational institution of the Bichhinanchala area.
(ii Must submit a NATIVITY CERTIFICATE from a Revenue Officer of the locality not below the rank of Tahsildar of the concerned Bichhinanchala.
(iii) Physically Disabled/Challenged: One Seat in each course having 25 seats or more is reserved for physically disabled/challenged candidates. To be considered under this reserved category, a candidate must submit a certificate from the CDMO confirming at least 50% of physical deficiency (orthopedic, deafness, dumbness or blindness).
- Sports/Games Weightage:
(i) One Seat is reserved for the candidates who have represented the country in the International/Senior National Games and Sports during last three years for admission into a course. In case of non-availability of such students, the reserved seat will be filled from merit list.
Weightage for Sports Persons:
(ii) Those who have represented the state during last three years at National level sports shall get 10% weightage of marks over and above the honors marks> (for Honors students) and the aggregate marks (for Pass students) in the
- qualifying examination.
(iii) Those who have represented University at the Inter University Sports during last three years shall get 5% weightage of marks over and above the honors marks (for Honors students) and the aggregate marks (for Pass students) in the qualifying examination.
iv) Those who qualify under direct quota as in (i) but could not get admission against (i), such candidates will be given weightage as (ii) above. Such a candidate must submit a certificate to the effect in the proper format (but not in the form of a testimonial) as prescribed by sports bodies, from the Registrar of the University or Secretary Sports Council/State/National level sports bodies duly countersigned by the Head of the Institution/Principal in which the sportsperson was studying at the time of achieving the above distinction(s).
Address: Berhampur University, Berhampur- 760007, Odisha, India.
Contact Pone no: +91-680-2227333.
Last Updated - 27 Jun 2017