The need for Liberal Arts education in India is quite crucial. To serve that purpose, Chandigarh University has come out with a Global Fellowship Program (GFP), which is a two-year Masters in Liberal Arts and Humanities program. The program aims to nurture prospective leaders with the ability to think creatively and critically with empathy for diverse human existence. This is a multi-discipline fully residential Program in Punjab and India with a provision of availing a diploma after completion of one year.
The application process of the program has begun from 10th December 2018 and the last date of submitting the application is 31st March 2019. Candidates can apply from the official website of Chandigarh University. Click here to apply.
Why pursue GFP?
The aim of the program is to spread the awareness of Liberal Arts education among students. Following are some of the reasons to pursue the program:
- Prospective Leaders: The program is directed towards equipping prospective leaders from around the world with a social awareness that is relevant for the modern world and designed to attract young minds eager to play a participatory role in shaping the contemporary reality.
- Comprehensive skill set: To fine-tune problem-solving ability, communication and writing proficiency
- Convergence of Technology with Liberal Arts: To help in facing the challenge of realigning the virtual world with the real world.
- Broadening Professional Horizon: Program has been framed for working professionals who have taken time off from their jobs, civil servants and students who are preparing to join social sciences stream.
- An experienced global faculty team: Experienced faculty members from India, Europe and the USA.
- Training in the field: The program will include hands-on training in the field for problem-solving.
- Experiential Learning: On-field training to apply the skills learned during classroom sessions
- Guest-sessions with experienced practitioners: Special interactions with the guest speakers from diverse fields have been designed in the course
Eligibility and Selection process
The program can be pursued by any graduate or post-graduate in any discipline. Selection to the program is based on academic record, extra and co-curricular activities and interest in the domain.
Chandigarh University recognizes and rewards meritorious students and outstanding academic performers for their ability to stand ahead of the crowd. The percentage of the scholarship awarded shall be decided by the GFP Selection Committee; this decision shall be completely dependent on the applicant’s academic/ professional expertise and his SOP (Statement of Purpose) submitted to the university.
Chandigarh University’ Partner for GFP
The Institute for Development and Communication (IDC) is an autonomous, premier research organization located in north-west India. It works from an inclusive perspective, for an equitable socio-economic transformation to build a humane and just society. The core areas for research explorations have evolved in consonance with area-specific challenges and specialization of research leadership.
Importance of Liberal Arts
Global personalities for Liberal Arts sharing their thoughts on the importance of Liberal Arts in the following videos: