Jalandhar, May 29, 2019: Lovely Professional University (LPU) concluded National Rapid and Blitz Chess Championship 2019 at its campus. Grandmaster Arvindh Chithambram won both Rapid and Blitz tournaments of National Open Chess Championship 2019.
Overwhelmed and confident on the wins, 19-year-old student, Arvindh advised young men and women to adopt chess game for the overall development of their personality, as it requires patience, concentration, perfection, perseverance, and wholesome involvement.
Other people who won the Chess championship were:
- GM Visakh NR with 9 points and secured second position
- GM Laxman RR with 8 points and came at third position
- FM Mehar Chinna Reddy CH with 8 points and fourth rank
- IM Swayams Mishra also with 8 points and secured the fifth rank
The winner got a cash award of Rs 50,000 and other four winners were rewarded with Rs 25,000, Rs 15,000, Rs 10,000 and Rs 8,500 respectively.
Similarly, in Blitz contest after winner Arvindh, others who won were:
- GM Laxman RR with 9 points at second place
- WGM Kulkarni Bharti with 8 and secured third rank
- GM Visakh NR with 8 and came at fourth position
- GM Neelotpal Das also with 8 points remained at fifth place
Read about Lovely Professional University
For Blitz, the winner got a cash award of Rs 20,000 and next four were rewarded with Rs 12,000, Rs 9,000, Rs 6500 and Rs 4,000 respectively. In all, 40 chess players got cash awards of Rs 2.5 Lakh for both the contests.
The University’s Additional Director Aman Mittal and Mrs. Vaani Mittal honored the players with cash awards and mementos. Also present on this occasion were Vinod Sharma, Vice President of Punjab State Chess Association; Muneesh Thapar, Secretary of PSCA; Rajinder Jee, Sr Vice President of Jalandhar Chess Association; Treasurer Kirti Jee; and, Shidore Rajendra, Chief Arbiter from Pune.