Jalandhar, January 02, 2018: Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi will commence his New Year in Punjab. The occasion will be the inauguration of five-day 106th Indian Science Congress-2019 by PM Modi on 3rd January at Lovely Professional University (LPU) Campus. For this, more than 30,000 people from all across India and abroad from top educational institutions, industry, diverse sectors of science, technology, and allied sectors throng the LPU Campus.
Interesting facts for the mammoth science fair:
- LPU has made huge arrangements for lodging and boarding of the visiting 15,000 delegates at the campus of LPU. Nearly all hotels of Jalandhar and Phagwara City are booked where many of these delegates will be staying. In addition, arrangements are made in the hostels as well as apartments at the University Campus.
- Many information stalls at important places on the campus are raised. A special Mobile App is created from where on a single click detail about various events, activities of the science congress, venues and even direction to the venues can be accessed.
- More than 100 lecture halls, auditoriums, center halls, theatres, rooms at the campus are engaged for different presentations and scientific deliveries.
- At the main entrance of LPU, nearly 30 ton weighing enormous Human Robot, prepared by LPU engineering students out of scrap, has been installed to welcome all visitors. It is fitted with LED Display, Special light in eyes and more to attract all. It will be long cherished by people in their memories for its uniqueness.
- There are also other formations including the structure of Fluorine, Self-balancing Robot on two tyres, 14 seated multi –Pedal driven bus, massive microscope model and more. These are creations of Student Research & Project Cell of the University.
- Special Selfie Chairs are installed at the Campus, where visitors can have selfie pose with great scientists in the form of lively statues, including Missile Man and former President of India Dr. Abdul Kalam, great Physicist & Mathematician Dr. Albert Einstein and more.
- Various stalls and organizations in the form of Mini Punjab will be at the campus to upheld and display great culture, creed, attires, foods, celebrations, handicrafts, heritage and more of Punjab.
- A special ‘Walk-a-Thon’ programme ‘Walking Down the LPU Memory Lane’ has been chalked out so that visitors may visit the campus and come to know about the world level achievements made by LPU in a small span of years.
- For health and fitness care of the delegates special sessions for Yoga Exercises, Zumba, Cycling, Marathon, fun sports are also arranged.
- More than 3500 staff members and 5000+ student volunteers have been working hard day and night for the successful and positive outcome of the Science Congress.