To proceed in your career in the corporate world, you need to have an MBA degree. Most people face a road block for promotion or have problems switching jobs. If you are already working for a good company, then leaving it for MBA would be unwise. Instead you can enroll for a distance education program for MBA. Punjab Technical University is one of the best universities for distance education and they offer the program with specialization in a variety of electives.
Accreditation, Recognition and Affiliation
- Punjab Technical University was established by the Government of Punjab in 2004 as a state university.
- The degrees are recognized by the University Grant Commission.
- The university is a member of the Association of Indian Universities.
- Courses offered have been approved by the AICTE.
Punjab Technical University Correpondence MBA Criterion
The MBA program under Punjab Technical University (PTU) consists of 4 semesters and a number of specializations are offered under it. To enrol for the program
- A graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university can secure a seat for you.
Punjab Technical University Correspondence MBA Criterion is not as stringent. You can get specialization in the following subjects- Finance, Human Resources Management, Retail, Marketing, Insurance & Risk Management and Information Technology.
Admission Procedure for the MBA program
The Punjab Technical University (PTU) Correspondence MBA Admission Procedure for 2014 is fairly simple and is not time consuming.
- Admissions are held twice a year in March and September except for the state of Punjab. In Punjab, the process is held once in a year.
- The prospectus is available at learning centers and online and you can download it. The prospectus contains the details of the course, rules and regulations of the program and an OMR sheet.
- Submission of the application form does not ensure enrollment as enrollment depends upon the available seats.
- When you go to the learning center for enrollment, do not forget to carry attested photocopies of all documents relating to your education.
Fees for the Correspondence MBA Course under PTU
Compared to other distance education courses, Punjab Technical University (PTU) Correspondence MBA Fee is quite reasonable. The fee quoted includes examination fees as well.
- The 2-year-long MBA program has been divided into 4 semester and the fees for each of them is Rs 11,200/-.
- Fees need to be paid through a demand draft addressed to the Registrar, Punjab Technical University and is payable at Jalandhar.
- Fees should not be paid in cash or at the learning center.
- Only Library fees (not exceeding Rs 1000/-) is refundable for the course.
To succeed in your career at a corporate, it is mandatory for you to have an MBA degree. Many people have completed this course and have gotten employment at reputed companies. The university boasts of good placement records, which is unheard of in case of distance education courses. If you are pursuing a full time master's degree in some other discipline, even then you can enroll for this course.
Last Updated - 02 Feb 2015