Interview by Shivangi
Prof. Rajesh Kothari has more than 35 years of teaching, training, research and consulting experience. He has supervised more than 33 Ph.D doctoral students, published many research papers of national and international repute and also published 6 Books from international publishers like SAGE, Macmillan, Business World etc. Having executed numerous consulting assignments sponsored by SIDBI, IFCI, UTI-ICM and more, he has successfully completed two tenures as Professor and Director at R.A. Podar Institute of Management and Dean Faculty of Management Studies, University of Rajasthan Jaipur.
Apart from this, Prof. Kothari has also been associated as subject expert with Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC), Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC), Screening Committee for Private universities in the state of Rajasthan. He has been associated with Rajasthan Technical University, M.L. Sukhadia University, Udaipur, M.D.S. University, Ajmer, Delhi University, Dr. Harisingh Gour University, Sagar University, Vikram University,Ujjain, Dr.B.R.Ambedkar University,Agra and many more In an exclusive interview with collegedunia.com, he shares his thoughts on the education scenario and his vision for the institute in the coming years.
Factors that connect Dr. Kothari with the Education Sector
Following are the key factors that have connected me with the education sector:
- Inquisitiveness and desire to learn.
- Strong intend to guide young minds for their better career.
- Updating with changing technology and knowledge for students’ benefit.
- Education sector per-se motivates me to be a responsible citizen and imbibe the best practices.
Dr. Kothari’s philosophy and style of leadership
My philosophy is to empower my teammates, make them feel that we all belong to the organization where growth of the organization and that of the members is reciprocal,
- Provide ample space and opportunities to teammates to showcase their talents for delivering delights,
- Providing stress free work environment for teaching and learning, and
- Show the lights, walk on and lead the team.
ICFAI works for the betterment of students
An inbound student stands to gain:
- Creating the belief and trust that he/she is capable of doing wonderful things in life irrespective of past failures or less success.
- Motivate them to think, the expected visualize and deliver.
- Equality, justice and compassion are inherited.
- We accept students as they are without any prerequisite and make them feel that they are as good as others.
Ensuring the best practice of Industry
Through our curriculum, we ensure that the students get the best practice of the industry. Constant research, innovation, internship, industrial exposure, participation in seminars and discussions give us required inputs to be incorporated in the syllabus. We focus on constant revision and updating of syllabus for the students.
Read about ICFAI University Courses & Fee
Introduced new initiatives for the students
ICFAI University, Jaipur has introduced a couple of new initiatives for the students like investment laboratory, social media training, creative writing workshop, multimedia exposure and rich exposure to sports and games with liberal scholarship. Currently ICFAI University, Jaipur has students from 22 states of India reflecting that we are an appreciable abode for different classes of students.
Responsibilities towards ICFAI and its students
My Roles and Responsibilities to the University and its students are:
- Make ICFAI University an adorable place for higher education in the country and help students become responsible citizens so that they help in the growth of the economy in all possible spheres, and
- Empower students to be social sensitive and responsive
ICFAI Jaipur’s top priorities over the next 10 years
In the coming years, I aim to develop the University as a reliable educational university with ethics and value based learning. Also, to be an aggressive participant in new economic program of the country by promoting and helping incubation, social entrepreneurship, entrepreneurship and start-ups.
Holding on to the vision
When I joined this organisation as the Vice-Chancellor a year back, my mission was to build this University as a formidable player in the education sector in the State. With time, my vision has strengthened and evolved with stronger conviction that “We can do”. Our capabilities are enormous, and ambitions are “Bigger than the horizon”.
Suggestions for the youth and aspiring students
For me, I just want the upcoming generation to read the following suggestions:
‘Just Believe in Yourself’ as you are capable of doing wonderful things in their lives. They should optimise the available resources for the betterment of the society. Finally, it is important to be a responsible citizen to imbibe the cardinal principle, philosophy of the constitution.