Candidates interested in seeking admissions at NIIT University, Alwar to the B.Tech Programmes (CSE/ME/Bio-Tech), for the batch 2016-20, can apply under the following modes:
- Early Admission Modes (EAD)
- Regular Admission Mode (RAD)
Aspirants who are to appear for their Class XII Board Examinations in March-April 2016 or have passed in March-April 2014 are also eligible for admission. The registration can be done online or offline and the final selection process will be based on the Personal Counselling Interaction (PCI).
Schedule for NIIT University B.Tech Courses Admission 2016:
Sale of application forms starts
October 5, 2015
April 1, 2016
Last date to submit applications
Round 1 – January 31, 2016
Round 1 – June 30, 2016
Round 2 – March 31, 2016
Round 2 – August 7, 2016
Personal Counselling Interaction (PCI)
Within 7 days of submission of application forms
Offer of Admission
Within 2 working days of completion of PCI
Admission acceptance by candidate
Within 5 working days of receiving the letter
Intimate class XII results
By June 5, 2016
June 5, 2016
(Round 1 & 2)
Applications before May 24, 2016 – June 1, 2016
Applications after May 24, 2016 – Within 5 days of receiving letter
Within 5 days of receiving the offer letter
Registration & Commencement of Program
July 14/15, 2016
(Round 1 & 2)
July 14/15, 2016
August 12, 2016
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Courses 2016:
- The candidate must have secured at least 60% marks or equivalent in Class 10 from any board in India or its equivalent from any other country in five subjects. The four compulsory subjects are English, Mathematics, Science and Social studies.
- The candidate should have obtained minimum 60% aggregate or equivalent in Class 12 from any board in India or its equivalent from any other country in five subjects. The four compulsory subjects are Physics, Chemistry, English & Mathematics/Biology.
- The candidate should have appeared or be appearing in JEE-Main 2016/ BITSAT 2016/ SAT or any State Engineering Entrance Examination or NIIT University Engineering Test (NUET).
- The candidates who are to appear in their 10+2 board examination in March/April 2016 or who have taken it in March-April 2014 are also eligible to apply for the programme.
Application Fee for NIIT University B.Tech courses:
Application Form Fee for Indian candidates:
Application Form Fee for NRI/PIO candidates: USD 40
Application Process for Admissions to Engineering courses at NU:
The eligible candidates can apply online or offline under any admission mode (EAD or RAD) for the B.Tech programmes offered by the NIIT University, Alwar.
- The candidate should download the prescribed application form available on the university website after registration.
- The candidate must submit the duly filled-in applications along with the scanned copies of all the required documents and the required application fee, by the last date.
- The candidate can obtain the application from any of the designated Admission Offices of NIIT University by paying the required fee either by cash or demand draft (DD) in favor of NIIT University, payable at New Delhi.
- Completed applications form, along with the essential documents, can be sent by registered post to the following address:
NU Central Admissions Office
85, Sector-32, Institutional Area
Scheduling the PCI (Personal Counselling Interaction):
After successful submission of application, the candidate should schedule his/her PCI online as per his/her convenience in terms of location and the time slot. The PCI should be scheduled within 7 days of submitting the completed applications.
NIIT University Selection Process for NIIT University Alwar:
- During the PCI, which is to be undertaken either face-to-face or through video conferencing, the eligible candidates will be assessed on the basis of the following:
- English communication skills – written & oral
- Interest & hobbies
- Degree of self-awareness
- Out-of-the-box thinking
- Reason for the choice of stream
- The parents/guardian of all the eligible candidates will be invited for an interaction with the NU team on the same day as the PCI or within 7 days of the PCI.
- The short-listed applicants will be made an offer within 2 working days upon the completion of PCI.
- If the candidates accept the offer, they should submit the duly signed acceptance letter within 5 working days of receiving the letter along with a non-refundable acceptance cum admission processing fee.
- After the submission of balance course fees and the original mark-sheet of 10+2 examination fulfilling the above mentioned eligibility criteria, the candidates will be granted admission to the programme.