Anna University is located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It was established in 1978 by integrating 2 other universities. In 2002, the University was conferred 5 star status by the University Grants Commission. The University is slated to start its 3rd campus soon enough. There are numerous colleges and departments under the belt of this university.
The University has a flourishing distance education center as well. Apart from Chennai, 5 study centers are spread across the state of Tamil Nadu. The distance education center offers professional courses such as MCA and MBA. The specialization papers offered in the MBA are quite unique from that which other universities are offering. The special papers are:
- Hospitality and Tourism
- General Management
- Health Services Management
Common features of the MBA programs:
- The courses are 2 years long and they are divided into 4 semesters.
- A student will receive his/her degree on completion of project work.
- Examinations are held every February and August.
- Admission processes are usually conducted in the months of January and July.
- Contact classes and weekend sessions are offered to students. They need to get in touch with their respective study centers for the details.
The Anna University Correspondence MBA admission procedure for 2014 has begun and will conclude by 31st January 2014.
Meeting the eligibility criteria:
Anna University Correspondence MBA criterion is now very demanding.
- An applicant needs to have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized college or university. The degree needs to be pursued right after the student has completed his or her 10+2 examinations.
- A student also needs to clear the Distance Education Entrance Test or DEET as conducted by the university’s Centre for Distance Education. This examination is conducted twice in a year- one for the calendar year and the other for the academic year.
- The DEET tests a student’s quantitative aptitude, ability to analyze data, comprehend passages and questions and written English.
Fees to be paid for pursuing the program:
- The first semester Anna University Correspondence MBA fee that a student has to pay is Rs 18,500. It includes the overheads of cautionary deposits(which is refundable), cost of syllabus and regulation book etc.
- From the subsequent semesters onwards, a student will have to pay Rs 12,500.
- Examination fees are collected by the study centers separately.
- At the time of submission of admission forms, students who have completed their education in universities apart from the ones in Tamil Nadu, will have to pay Rs 400 for recognition of their degrees.
- The fees for the course can be paid through a demand draft drawn in favor of the “Director, Centre for Distance Education, Anna University, Chennai”.
- Physically challenged applicants (visual, orthopedic and aural) can get their tuition fees waived on submission of the corresponding form by a medical officer. The form can be obtained from the CDE at Anna University, Study Centers spread across the state and online.
The specialization degree offers students the chance to pursue a subject that is pertaining to their field of work. It will be of much help in furthering one’s career rather than getting a regular MBA done.Last Updated - 28 Jan 2015