The notification has been released for Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) 2017. The application process has started form May 01, 2017. Interested candidates can apply online to secure admission in University departments & constituent colleges of Anna University. TNEA is a single window counseling process conducted by the Anna University to allot seats in Government, Government aided colleges & self-financing colleges of Tamil Nadu state.
Anna University Admission 2017: Click Here
TNEA Important Dates 2017
TNEA offers admission to more than 1.5 lakhs candidates in B.Tech (Regular) & B.E (Sandwich) programs through a single window counseling process. Aspiring candidates can check the TNEA important dates as given below:
April 30, 2017
Commencement of online registration
May 01, 2017
Publication of HSC Results
May 12, 2017
Last date of Application
May 31, 2017
Last date of fee payment
May 31, 2017
Last date to submit the filled in application
June 03, 2017
Allotment of random number
June 20, 2017
Publication Rank list
June 22, 2017
Commencement of Counseling (Tentative)
June 27, 2017
In order to secure admission through single window counseling, candidates must have passed 10+2 examination with 50% marks in aggregate. Candidates have to produce valid certificates in lieu of their eligibility at the time of counselling & final seat confirmation.
TNEA Single Window Counseling
The TNEA counseling procedure is a five-step process which includes, Registration & Submission, Application scrutiny, Rank publication, Download of Counseling call letter & single window counseling.
Candidates will be called for counseling in order of their merit & community reservation. Candidates have to pay the initial amount of INR 5000 (INR 1000 for SC/ST & SCA) in the form of DD.
For more details about TNEA Counseling: Click Here
Classification of Seats: Category-wise classification of seats in different Government, Government aided & self-financing colleges are given below:
Seats in Government Engineering Colleges
Seats in Government Aided Engineering Colleges
Seats available in Central Electro Chemical Research Institute (CECRI), Karaikudi
Seats surrendered by the self-financing engineering colleges
Seats available in Central Institute of Plastic Engineering & Technology (CIPET)
TNEA Eligibility: Who can apply?
- Those candidates who have passed their VIII, IX, X, XI & XII standard in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply.
- Those candidates who have passed their VIII, IX, X, XI & XII standard form schools located outside Tamil Nadu are also eligible to apply. Such candidates have to produce a valid nativity certificate.
- Children of Central Government Employees are also eligible to apply provided their parents have been serving in Tamil Nadu for the past 5 years.
- Children of employees in Public Sector or Government recognized institutions.
- Sons & daughters of All India service Tamil Nadu cadre officers are eligible to apply.
- Other state candidates, who have completed their schooling from Tamil Nadu can also apply. They do not need to submit the nativity certificate.
- Srilankan Tamil Refugee studied in Tamil Nadu will be considered for open competition provided submission if passport, Visa & letter of registration.
Qualifying Examination: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics are eligible to apply. Bifurcation of minimum marks is provided below:
Percentage of Marks (PCM)
Backward class & Backward class Muslims
DNC & MBC
Note: Candidates with certain Vocational courses under B.E/B.Tech are also eligible to apply.
To secure admission in Marine Engineering Programs, candidates have to pass 10+2 with 60% marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & English.
For more information related to eligibility criteria: Check TNEA
TNEA Selection Process 2017: Click Here
TNEA Online Application Process 2017
Candidates can apply online for B.Tech (Regular) & B.E (Sandwich) programs by visiting the official website only. Duly filled application forms along with the desired documents should be sent to:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions 2071
Following documents (photocopies) are required to be enclosed with the application form:
- 10th & 12th mark sheet
- Transfer certificate
- Community Certificate (DNC, SC.ST or MBC)
- Nativity certificate
- Graduation certificate & Declaration (if applicable)
- Srilankan Tamil Refugee/Sons or daughters of ex-serviceman/freedom fighters/Differently abled persons & Eminent sports personnel certificate
TNEA Admission Process: Selection of the candidates will be based on the individual marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics reduced to 200 marks (Mathematics-100 & Physics+Chemistry-100) in 10+2.Last Updated - 03 May 2017