BS Abdur Rahman University is one the best universities of south India. Applications are invited for the admission to both Full time- part time Ph.D. programmes offered at various disciplines for the session January 2016
BS Abdur Rahman University Ph.D. Admissions 2016 Important Dates
Ph.D. admission advertisement will be released in University website
September 9, 2015
PhD Admission Advert will be released in leading newspapers
October 2, 2015
Last Date for Submission of Application
November 11, 2015
Extended Last Date of Application (if required)
November 15, 2015
Dispatch of Applications to Respective Depts. for Scrutiny
20th November 2015
Individual departments will submit the list of eligible candidates to the office of Dean (AR)
November 24, 2015
Call Letters will be sent to the Eligible Candidates
November 25, 2015
Date of Entrance Exam and Interview
December 8, 2015
Submission of “Minutes of the department selection committee” to the office of Dean (AR)
December 10, 2015
Vice Chancellor’s approval for the selection of Research scholars
December 17, 2015
Admit Card will be sent to selected candidates
December 18, 2015
Admission to PhD Program for January 2016 session
January 5, 2015
BS Abdur Rahman University Ph.D. Courses offered and Eligibility Criteria 2016
Ph.D. Course Offered
CSE, E&I, IT
Molecular Biology, Microbiology
For Full time Ph.D. programmes:
- Candidates applying for the full time shall do their research in this university and shall be available for the working hours of the activities in the university
- Candidates which are in employment should be sponsored by their employer and should have the leave for the research period and should be formally relieved for the research programme from their duty
- AICTE Sponsored candidates for teachers of Engineering colleges and who satisfy the eligibility conditions shall be eligible for full-time only, in the disciplines as notified in AICTE guidelines.
- Candidates who are selected by the fellowship programmes of National or any recognized bodies and who satisfy the eligibility conditions as per the regulations are eligible for full time studies in the respective disciplines.
- Government of India Sponsored Foreign Nationals on any of the exchange programme and satisfy eligibility are eligible
For Part time Ph.D. Programmes
Candidates applying for the part time Ph.D. programmes shall be
- Full time teachers of the university
- Candidates working in the projects undertaken from State /Central / Quasi Government and totally funded through the projects in this University. The principal coordinator of such projects shall be the supervisor if he / she is recognized. The candidate should be employed in the project for the minimum period of research programme (Clause 10 of Ph.D. Regulations). Part employments in different spells or in different projects are not permitted.
- Candidates working in industries / R&D establishments / Labs / Units of Government / Quasi Government or any other research laboratories and sponsored by the respective employer / organization.
- Candidates working in any Government / Aided / Unaided / Self-financing institution or College or Polytechnic colleges
BS Abdur Rahman University Ph.D. Admissions 2016 Application Process
- All the inspiring candidates should purchase the application form directly from the Director (Admissions)or download the application form by visiting the official website of the University i.e. Apply Online
- After completely filling in the application form, candidates shall submit the completed application to the with the Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- to “The Director(Admissions), BS Abdur Rahman University, Seethakathi Estate, Vandalur, Chennai- 600048”.
- As age proof, attested copy of SSLC first page / 10th class or matriculation certificate must be enclosed.
- Attested copies of degree certificates both U.G and P.G along with mark sheets should be enclosed. (Please do not attach original certificates)
- A one page write up about the tentative research topic duly signed by the candidate should be enclosed.
- A candidate will be allowed to pursue part time programme either Ph.D., only if he / she resides within a commutable distance from the University to enable attending course work and meeting supervisor at regular intervals.
- Four recently taken passport size photographs have to be enclosed in a small cover.
BS Abdur Rahman University Ph.D. Admissions 2016 Selection Process
Selection Criteria will be based on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the entrance examination and the interview conducted by the university
Important Instructions for the candidates applying for the Ph.D. programmes
- Candidates applying for more than one Department should use separate application form for the each department
- Department and Area of Research should be properly indicated in the space provided in the application form
- It should be clearly indicated that the candidate is applying for the full time or the part time programme
- Interested candidates are strongly advised to go through the academic profiles and the research interests of faculty members available on the University website and are encouraged to meet them in advance.
- Candidates who are currently in permanent / temporary / contract employment should attach a certificate of employment and no objection Certificate in the prescribed form from the current employer for pursuing the programme for which the candidate has applied
- If Applications will not be received on or before the due date or received without the above mentioned certificates / enclosures will not be considered for admission to Ph.D. programme under any circumstances
- After scrutiny of applications, the short listed candidates will be called to appear for a written test and an oral test / interview before a committee constituted by the University, for selection.
- For shortlisted candidates, the selection committee shall also help in finalizing the supervisors from among the supervisors recognized by the University, taking into consideration the tentative topic of the candidate and the field of specialization of the supervisors eligible to guide.