Established in 1956, Gandhigram Rural Institute (GRI) is a deemed university which offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes along with several diploma as well as certificate courses. The university has seven faculties including Rural Oriented Sciences as well as Rural Health and Sanitation which offer around 50 courses to the students.
Admission to all the UG, Diploma and Integrated programmes is done on the basis of marks scored in 10+2 (HSC) or equivalent examination through counseling. Selection of students for B.Tech, PG, PG Diploma, M Phil and Ph.D programme is based on the marks secured in the university entrance examination. In case of M.Tech programme, GATE scores are considered for admission of students.
All the UG and PG programmes are offered under the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) by the university. Gandhigram Rural Institute follows semester system for all its courses and examinations are conducted twice a year. Odd semester examinations conducted in November and even semester examinations in the month of April every year.
GRI Semester Examination Results
End semester examination results are usually published on the university website within a month after the completion of the ESEs. The university students can check their result by following the below given steps:
- Student should log on to the official university website and check for “Examinations” on the home page
- Upon hovering the cursor over the tab, candidates will be able to select the semester examination link from the drop-down menu
- After clicking the link, candidate will be redirected to the students portal page.
- On the students portal, candidate should log in with the relevant username and password along with the captcha displayed. Upon successful login, students can check their semester result and save it for future reference
- Each student completing the programme successfully will be issued with a consolidated Statement of Grades and a Provisional Certificate along with final semester grade statement.
- Statements of Grades will reach the HODs within 10-15 days from the date of announcement of results. Any discrepancy found in the statement must be brought to the notice of the Controller of Examinations within 5 days from the date of receipt at the office of the HOD concerned
- Students who secure the highest aggregate in marks in full-time courses i.e., at least 60% marks in B.A., M.A., PG Dip., and Diploma programmes in Arts & Humanities, and 70% marks in B.Sc., M.Sc., M.C.A., P.G.Dip., Post Diploma and Diploma programmes, will be considered for the award of medals
- Gold medals will be given to the First rank holders of each discipline as per the rules
Gandhigram Rural Institute (GRI) Examination/ Hall Ticket Details
- Notification inviting applications for the semester examinations will normally be issued by the Office of the Controller of Examinations 30-45 days before the commencement of the examinations
- In addition to the Examination fee prescribed, a fee of Rs. 10/-and Rs. 50/- must be remitted towards cost of application form and for each Statement of Grades respectively
- In the case of students of the final semester of all programmes, a fee of Rs.75/- each has to be remitted towards the cost of Consolidated Statement of Grades and Provisional Certificate (total RS.150/-).
- Failed candidates who appealed against the results should also pay the examination fee for those papers without waiting for the appeal results.
- The Chief Superintendent for Semester Examinations will issue Hall Tickets to those who have 80% and more attendance, as certified by the HOD / Dean concerned.
- Private Candidates may get their Hall Tickets from the Chief Superintendent for semester examinations after producing Identification letter obtained from anyone of the faculty members of Department concerned.
- For every examination, the candidate has to produce his/ her Hall Ticket and ID card failing which the candidate will not permitted to appear for that examination.
Last Updated - 27 Mar 2017