Exam Schedule for HSEE 2016 has been released by IIT Madras. Humanities and Social Science Entrance Exam (HSEE) is conducted for admission to Integrated Master in Arts (MA) programme. Details about the HSEE 2016 exam eligibility, admission process and exam centres is given in the below article.
- Integrated M.A. (Development Studies) – 23 Seats
- Integrated M.A. (English Studies) – 23 Seats
Schedule for IIT Chennai HSEE 2016:
Start Date for Online Application Process through HSEE Website
December 16, 2015
Payment of Examination Fee Starts from
December 16, 2015
Payment of Examination Fee Ends on
January 25, 2016
Last Date for Submission of HSEE 2016 Online Application
January 25, 2016
Last date for Submission of Hard Copy of the Self-Attested Caste Certificate for [OBC (NCL) / SC / ST] / and Medical Certificate for PwD as applicable from the Candidate by Registered or Speed Post
January 25, 2016
HSEE 2016 Application Status Check on the Website
February 16, 2016
Start Date to Download the HSEE 2016 Admit Card
March 14, 2016
Last Date to Download the HSEE 2016 Admit Card
April 16, 2016
HSEE-2016 Examination Date
April 17, 2016
HSEE 2016 Result Declaration Date
May 11, 2016
Offer Letters to Candidates - Starts
May 12, 2016
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Madras MA Admission 2016:
To apply for HSEE 2016 candidates must have passed for the first time in 2015 or should be appearing in 2016 in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- The final examination of 10+2, conducted by Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- Should have passed Intermediate or 2-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University
- Final examination of the 2-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy
- Senior Secondary School Examination (with a minimum of five subjects) conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling
- Passed any board or University examination in India or Foreign country (must be equivalent to 10+2 Exam)
- HSC vocational examination
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or
- International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva
- If any candidate has passed 10+2 class or equivalent exam outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the AIU to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the class 12th examination
Note: If candidate 10+2 exam is not a public then he/ she must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.
Date of Birth:
- For General/ OBC: Candidate must be born on or after October 01, 1991
- For SC/ ST and PwD: There are 5% relaxation is provided, so the candidate’s date of birth must be fall on or after October 01, 1986
- Candidate must produce 10th or 12th class certificate for age proof
Minimum Percentage of Marks in QE:
Candidates must secure the following minimum marks in the qualifying examination.
% of Marks
General and OBC (NCL)
SC/ ST and PwD
Note: If there are only grades mentioned in the grade sheet then the candidates must obtain a certificate from Board/ University specifying equivalent marks and submit it at the time of joining.
HSEE 2016 Application Fee:
General/ OBC (NCL)
SC/ ST / PwD
Application Procedure of IIT Madras HSEE 2016:
There is only one mode to apply for HSEE 2016 i.e. online mode. The detail procedure is given below:
- open the website Apply Online
- Click on Apply online menu
- Enter your details (personal and educational)
2. Upload Photo, Signature and Documents:
Now candidates upload their scanned file of the photograph, signature and supporting documents
- Photo and signature file should be in JPG/ JPEG format
- Size of the photo must be between 15 KB to 40 KB
- Dimension of the photo must be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- Size of the Signature file must be between 10 KB to 30 KB
- Dimension of the signature must be 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm
- Upload Supporting documents likes: 10th and 12th class certificate, category certificate for (SC/ ST/ PwD and OBC) in JPG/ JPEG format
Now click on ‘finalize’ button. After that candidates cannot edit.
3. Pay the Application fee
- Now pay the application fee through any of the given modes
- Fee can be paid either by Net Banking/ Debit/ Credit Card or Indian Bank Challan
- If paying the fee through challan then a challan will be generated during application procedure
- Go to any branch of the Indian Bank along with a printed challan and pay the fee
Applicants belonging to OBC (NCL) / SC / ST / PwD are required to submit additionally, a hard copy of the self-attested certificate of respective category / medical certificate as applicable, in the prescribed format so as to reach the address given below, before January 25, 2016.
The Chairman, HSEE-2016,
JEE Office, I.I.T. Madras,
Chennai – 600036
HSEE 2016 Exam Centers:
Humanities and Science Entrance exam for admission to MA program at IIT Madras will be held in the following 10 cities.
- A Candidate can choose only 2 exam cities. The second choice of exam centre/ cities may be allotted in some extreme cases.
- If there are no sufficient number of applicants are available then the same may be dropped, and second choice of the exam centre will be allotted to the candidates.
HSEE 2016 Admit Card:
Candidate can download the HSEE 2016 admit card from March 14, 2016 (10 AM) onwards and the last date is April 16, 2016 from the HSEE 2016 website and take the printout. Candidate must bring the admit card at the exam centre for your verification.
If the Admit Card cannot be downloaded online the candidates are required to contact the Chairman, HSEE-2016 at once.
The HSEE-2016 admit card will bear the following things
- Name of the candidate
- Date of birth
- Address and category of the candidate
- HSEE-2016 exam centre address
Note: In case of any discrepancy, the candidate should inform the Chairman HSEE-2016 immediately by phone / email / fax.
HSEE 2016 Merit List/ Rank List
A merit/ rank list will be prepared based on the aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in the HSEE 2016. A common merit list will be prepared for those candidates who secure at least 50% in HSEE 2016.
There a separate merit list will be prepared for each OBC, SC, ST and PwD categories.
Minimum % of Score in Aggregate
SC/ ST Candidates
Tie Break Criteria:
- If two or more candidates secure the equal aggregate marks in the HSEE 2016 then Such candidate will get preference who secure more in part II (Essay writing).
- If still tie occur then Candidates who secure higher rank in Part I (General Studies) will get preference first
- If still tie exist, then more score in the Analytical section will get a higher rank
Note: If ties occur after all these tie-break criteria, then those candidates will be given the same rank.Last Updated - 24 Nov 2015