Manonmaniam Sundaranar University is a premier university of Tamilnadu. It was established on 1990 having 550 acres of Campus which has various programmes of higher learning giving students a platform to attain excellence in numerous fields. There are 24 academic departments in the university which offers Part time, Full-time Post graduate, M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes in various disciplines. The university also has 61 affiliated college, 5 Mano colleges and 1 constituent college. Along with this, diploma courses are also a part of the curriculum of the university.
Admission to Ph.D programs offered by the university are based on performance in entrance examination conducted by the university. Admission forms are submitted along with a demand draft or challan SBI drawn in favour of “The Registrar, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli” payable at Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu.
Detailed information about eligibility criteria, application process and selection process of Ph.D. programmes is discussed comprehensively in the article below:
These are the following Ph.D. full-time and part-time programs offered by the University:-
Ph.D. (Full Time)
|Tamil||Management Studies||Geo Technology/Geology|
|English||Communication||Criminology and Criminal Justice|
|Malayalam||Library and Information Science||Microbiology|
|Folklore||Mathematics||Animal Science/Zoology/Advanced Zoology and Biotechnology|
|History/History and Tourism||Physics||Plant Science/Botany/Plant Biology and Plant Biotechnology|
|Sociology||Chemistry||Computer Science/Computer Application/Computer Science & Engineering|
|Commerce||Environmental Science||Information Technology & Engineering|
Ph.D. (Part Time)
Candidates willing to take admission in Ph.D. need to clear the Entrance exam which is conducted by the University.
|Availability of Application form on website from||June 06, 2016|
|Receipt of Duly filled Application||June 24, 2016|
|Date of Entrance Exam||July 07, 2016|
Candidates seeking admission in Ph.D. Program must have M.A./M.Phil. degree with minimum of 55% marks from any recognised institute or university.
- Candidates must read the regulations for Ph.D. Program on the official website of the university.
- For candidates with Post Graduate degree it is mandatory for the to take the Qualifying Examinations
- Candidates who have M.Phil./JRF/GATE/SLET/NET/M.E./M. Tech. qualifications are not suppose to appear for the Qualifying Examinations.
- A pass Qualifying Examinations is valid up to 3 years.
- Once candidates with Post graduate degree have passed the qualification exam, they may apply for Ph.D. Registration with all the necessary documents.
- The candidates having M.Phil./JRF/GATE/SLET/NET/M.E./M. Tech. qualifications they may also apply for Ph.D. Registration with all the necessary documents.
- The application for qualifying examination is separate from the Ph.D. Registration.
- Once the candidate has appeared for the qualifying examination he/she should submit their Ph.D. Registration form only after declaration of result as qualified.
- Outside Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry candidates are only eligible for full time Ph.D. Program.
There will be only one stage of selection and that is the Entrance Examinations.
The Entrance Examination will comprise of two papers:
- Paper I – Research Methodology
- Paper II – Area of specialization.
The passing percentage is as per UGC NET examination.
|Category||Paper I||Paper II|
Last Updated - 17 Jun 2016