Directorate of Distance Education at Sastra University Thanjavur invites applications for admission to Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Course for the Upcoming session. The minimum qualifications for admission to the course is graduation. Completely filled up application forms must reach the university on or before December 31, 2015.
|Top Colleges in Tamil Nadu Based on Ranking||Top Universities for B.Ed.in India|
Sastra University Distance B.Ed. Program 2016 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates should have successfully undergone the degree in 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 pattern of examinations in the following discipline from a recognized university. A Bachelor’s degree in B.A / B.Lit., /B.Sc., in Tamil / English / History / Geography / Physics /Mathematics / Applied Physics / Chemistry / Applied Chemistry / Bio Chemistry / Botany/ Zoology / Micro Biology/Bio-technology/ Environmental Science / Dietetics / Applied Geography / Computer Science / Computer Applications/ Information technology.
- In case of Economics/Commerce/Home Science the candidate must possess a Post graduate degree (with a UG degree in the same subject) from the recognized university
- Candidate must possess a teaching diploma from the NCTE recognized Teacher Education Institution
- Trained In-Service teachers with two years full time teaching experience in a Nursery / Primary / Secondary/ Higher secondary schools in Tamil Nadu recognized by the state or central Government
- Should be currently working as a teacher in a government recognized school
The university also offers several other courses, here is list of courses offered at Sastra University Tamil Nadu.
Sastra University Distance B.Ed. Program 2016 Application Procedure:
Candidates can download the application forms and prospectus from the official website of the Sastra University. The steps to download the application form and prospectus are as follows:
- Open the official website of the university.
- In the ‘News’ section, click on ‘B.Ed. (Distance Mode) Application and Prospectus’.
- You will be redirected to a new page, now at the bottom of the page, click on ‘Download Application & Prospectus’.
- The prospectus and the application form will open in a new window in a pdf format
- Read the instructions carefully and fill the application form.
Online downloaded application forms have to be submitted along with a demand draft of Rs.650 in favor of ‘SASTRA University’, payable at ‘Thanjavur’.
Only completely filled-up forms will be accepted. Hard copy of the application form along with the following:
- A Passport size photograph duly attested by the Gazetted officer affixed on the Application.
- Copies of certificates in support of Educational Qualification (s) for 10+2 and D.T.Ed., UG/PG and Experience certificate duly attested by the A.E.O. /Principal/Head Master/Headmistress/ Competent Authority
- Proof of date of birth
- Application must be duly tied with necessary enclosure.
Should be sent on or before December 31, 2015 (Before 5:00 PM) to:
DIRECTORATEOF DISTANCE EDUCATION
SASTRA UNIVERSITY TIRUMALAISAMUDRAM,
THANJAVUR - 613 401. TAMIL NADU, INDIA.
Phone: 91-4362 264101-108, 304000-010
Fax: 91-4362 264120
Sastra University Distance B.Ed. Program 2016 Selection Procedure:
Selection to B.Ed. distance mode program will be done transparently based on merit calculated as detailed below:
Percentage of seats allotment
Tamil (B.A / B.Lit)
Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Applications, Information Technology
Physics, Applied Physics, Electronics, Geo – Physics, Bio-Physics, Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Botany, Plant Biology, Environmental Science, Bio Technology
History, Indian Culture, Geography, Applied Geography, M.A Economics/Commerce, M.Sc.(Home Science)
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the Major and Allied subjects (Part – III) in all three years in the UG degree will be taken as the base mark for ranking
- In the case of Five year integrated PG program ,the average mark in Part – III up to the third year will be taken as the base mark for ranking
- Weightage for the highest qualification of the candidate will be taken as follows
- Candidates with PG : 4 Marks
- Candidates with M.Phil : 5 Marks
- Candidates with Ph.D : Direct admission
On admission to the course, the candidates will need to submit the course fee, here are the fee details of Sastra University, ThanjavurLast Updated - 09 Dec 2015