Tamil Nadu Open University, Chennai is one of the premier open universities in India. It invites the aspiring candidates to take admission in two year Distance B.Ed programme. There are 1000 seats available for B.Ed programme. 100 seats are allotted for each programme study centre. The application form for B.Ed programme is available from October 14 to November 30. The application form can be obtained either in person or by post. You can also download from official website of TNOU. Last date for submission of filled application is November 30, 2015.
Apart from B.Ed programme, TNOU offers various courses in distance mode. Check all distance programmes running under TNOU
TNOU B.Ed Admission 2016 Important Dates:
Starting Date for the Issue of Application and Prospectus
October 14, 2015
Last Date for Issue of Application and Prospectus
November 30, 2015
Last Date for the Submission of Filled-in-Application Forms to TNOU’s Office
November 30, 2015
Announcement of Admission Results
December 11, 2015
Starting Date of B.Ed Admission Counselling
Eligibility Criteria for B.Ed Admission 2016
- The candidates should have passed the under graduate degree exam in any stream. The candidates who have direct UG Degree without 10+2 qualification or post graduate degree without a UG degree are not eligible.
- The candidate who have passed Five year Integrated Course under 10+2+5 or 11+1+5 pattern also will be considered for admission but the marks obtained by the candidate in the first three years only taken into account for admission to the B.Ed.SE Degree Course
- The candidates qualified in PG Degree and secured 50% of marks with the same major subjects in UG Degree, but not fulfilling the minimum percentage of marks required in UG Degree as per community/category-wise will be eligible to apply
- Trained In-service teachers with D.T.Ed. in any Government recognized school within Tamil Nadu state
- The candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education program through face-to-face mode
Minimum Marks required
Reservation of Seats for Distance B.Ed programme
TNOU B.Ed 2016-18 Application Process
The candidates can download B.Ed application form from the TNOU website. The application form is available for download from October 14, 2015. Last date for submission of application form is November 30, 2015. The cost of application form for B.Ed admission is Rs.500/. The application form can be obtained either in person or by post. Get the fee structure of B.Ed programme
By person: The Application Form can be directly obtained in person either from the University Head Office or University Zonal Centres or B.Ed Program Study Centres by way of Cash or Demand Draft for Rs.500/- drawn in favour of "Tamil Nadu Open University" payable at Chennai.
By Post: The applicants who wish to get the Application Form by post should send a Demand Draft for Rs.550/- drawn in favour of "Tamil Nadu Open University" payable at Chennai to “The Registrar,Tamil Nadu Open University, No.577, Anna Salai, Saidapet, Chennai-600015”
Write the following details on the back side of the Demand Draft in capital letters:
- Name of the Applicant
- Programme Name
- Address with Phone No.
Selection Procedure for B.Ed Admission 2016
The Selection for admission into B.Ed and seat allotment of Study Centres will be made based on the under graduate marks obtained by them, and other preference criteria through Admission Counselling. The counselling process will be started in July month of 2016. TNOU B.Ed admission is totally based on the basis of merit. Each Programme Study Centre will be allotted 50 Tamil Medium and 50 English Medium Students.The result of admission will be announced on December 11, 2015.
Weightage marks for highest qualification and activities
Highest qualification and activities
Minimum Weightage Marks
Candidates with PG
Candidates with M.Phil & Ph.D.
10 marks max. (1 mark per year)
NSS, NCC & Sports (State/National level)
Address:The Registrar, Tamil Nadu Open University,
No.577, Anna Salai, Saidapet, Chennai-600015
Telephone No: 044-24306600
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgLast Updated - 06 Nov 2015