Tamil Nadu Open University was the first of its kind in Tamil Nadu and the 10th Open University in the country. The university offers numerous courses and among them is the MBA course. The university also has a management course in shipping and logistics, aside from a general degree MBA.
About the Shipping and Logistics Management Course:
- The course curriculum has been structured to let students know and understand supply and logistics managements, ship agency management and freight management.
- Tamil Nadu Open University Correspondence MBA Criterion requires you to fulfill the following clauses in order to enroll for the course:
- A graduation degree from any recognized university. Or
- Professional training by mariners for at least 6 years after completing their diploma 10+2 from a recognized university.
- The duration of the course is 2 years although a student can take up to 8 years to complete it.
- Tamil Nadu Open University Correspondence MBA fee is Rs 30,000/- for the course.
- A student will be promoted on the basis of continual assessment through internal and internal examinations.
- To get promoted, a student has to score 45% in the terminal examinations and 50% when combined with the internal assessments conducted.
- No specialization paper is offered in this course.
The Tamil Nadu Open University Correspondence MBA admission procedure for 2014 calendar year will begin from 1st January and continue till 30th June while for the Academic year, it begins from 1st July and will continue till 31st December.
The admission form can be bought and submitted at the study centers. The website of the university has a detailed list of the study centers. The list of shortlisted candidates will be put up and selected students will be intimidated.
MBA in Retail Management
- The course in retail management is for 2 years. A student can take maximum of 8 years to complete it.
- Tamil Nadu Open University Correspondence MBA criterion requires a student to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.
- A student has to score at least 50% in the continuous assessment process.
- The fee for the course is the same as that of the shipping and logistics one. However, the fee has been divided- a part will go to MIRM and a part to Tamil Nadu Open University.
- To pay the fees, you can submit a DD in favor of Tamil Nadu Open University, payable at Chennai. The study center fees need to be paid using a separate DD, addressed to the “Madras Institute of Retail Management (MIRM)”, payable at Chennai.
Tamil Nadu Open University offers a course in General MBA too, whose specifications have been given below:
- Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Duration: 2 years while students can take up to 8 years to complete the degree
- Specialization papers are offered in this course. They are:
- Human Resources Management
- IT Management
- Operations Research Management
- Marketing Management
- Fees for the course is Rs 7,500/- per year for students within Tamil Nadu and Rs 11,000/- per year for students outside Tamil Nadu.
- Admission procedure: Same as the other two courses.