University offers admissions to candidates into M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses. These courses are divided into Part-Time or Full-Time. The minimum eligibility required for admission in this course is that a candidate must have passed a master’s degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
The application process is completely offline and candidates can download the form available on official website or can take form University. Candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in entrance exam and qualifying examination of postgraduation. Read More Thiruvalluvar University Admission
Thiruvalluvar University MPhil & PhD Admission Important Dates
The last date of registration for M.Phil. and Ph.D courses are different. The dates are as follows:
|Last date of registration for M.Phill.||July 31, 2017|
|Last date of registration for Ph.D.||September 30, 2017|
Thiruvalluvar University MPhil & PhD Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria are set up by the University only for the basic shortlisting of candidates. Further, the course wise eligibility is as follows:
- M.Phil.: The eligibility for this course is divided into Full-Time and Part-Time. Eligibility for Full-Time course is that a candidate must have a minimum of 55% marks for general category and 50% marks for SC/ST category, in post-graduate degree. For Part-Time course, a candidate must be employed in any concerned organization or institution situated within the jurisdiction of the State of Tamil Nadu or Research Institutions situated outside the State of Tamil Nadu recognized by Thiruvalluvar University with a minimum of 55% of marks for general category and 50% marks for SC/ST category, in the Master’s Degree.
- Ph.D.: The eligibility criteria for this course is divided into two i.e. Full-Time and Part-Time. The basic eligibility for both courses is that a candidate must have a Master's degree with not less than 55% of marks and 50% marks for SC/ST category under the faculties of Arts, Science, Fine Arts, Indian and other languages, Management etc.
Thiruvalluvar University MPhil & PhD Application Form
The application process is completely offline. Candidates can download the application form available on the official website. Also, the application form can be obtained from university on payment of INR 200. The steps of the online application process are as follows:
- Visit the official website.
- Download the application form for which the candidate need to apply i.e. M.Phil. and Ph.D.
- Fill in the application form and after enclosing it with attested copies of documents and application fee, candidates must send it to two destinations i.e. original application must be sent to recognized department of university and another photocopy of application must be sent to Thiruvalluvar University, Vellore.
Candidates need to attach attested copies of documents along with the application form for verification of the candidature. The list of documents is as follows:
- Mark/ Grade Certificate of the qualifying Post Graduate (PG) course.
- Provisional Certificates of the undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) Courses.
- Transfer and Conduct Certificates (issued by the Institution last studied).
- Community Certificate.
- Service Certificate issued by the Employer, Head Master/ Principal/ Head of the Institution (in the case you are applying for part-time Program, specifying the total duration of the service put in by you in their organization).
- For part-time program, candidate must produce no objection Certificate issued by the DCE/ Registrar (for teachers of Self-financing institutions)/ Director of Technical Education (for teachers of Polytechnics)/ CEO (for teachers of schools).
Note: For Ph.D. admissions, candidates also need to submit documents related to M.Phil. course and a brief research proposal in 500 words.
Candidates need to pay the application fee for application form to be considered complete. Only offline mode is used for fee payment. The application fee in these courses must be paid by different ways such as:
- M.Phil.: Application fee for this course must be paid only by Demand Draft, from any nationalized bank drawn in favor of
payable at Vellore
- Ph.D.: Application fee for this course must be paid by NEFT/RTGS mode.
Indian Overseas Bank,
IFSC Code: IOBA0002484
MICR Code: 632020014
Account Number: 248401000000001
Thiruvalluvar University MPhil & PhD Selection Process
Selection Process for different courses is different as set up by the university. The selection process for courses are as follows:
- M.Phil.: Selection will be based upon two examinations i.e. 50% marks in basic qualifying examination and rest 50% marks of the entrance exam conducted by the university. The exam consists of 50 multiple choice questions. A rank list will be prepared to combine the marks of entrance exam and last qualifying examination.
- Ph.D.: Selection here is a three-step process i.e. PG qualifying examination (50 Marks), Entrance exam (40 Marks) and Interview (10 Marks). For qualifying, candidates must secure at least 25 marks out of 50 marks of interview and entrance exam.
Note: If you have qualified UGC/CSIR (JRF) Examination / SLET/GATE/teacher fellowship, you are exempted from the entrance test.
Thiruvalluvar University MPhil & PhD Admission Contact Details
Thiruvalluvar University is a public State University in the city of Vellore, Tamil Nadu. It was established in year 2002. There are total 98 colleges affiliated to this university. University currently has seven departments, namely, Tamil, English, Economics, Zoology, Chemistry, Mathematics and biotechnology.
In case of any query or doubt, kindly contact at:
Tamil Nadu - 632115
Phone: +(91)-416-2274755, 2274756, 2274747
Last Updated - 15 Jul 2017