IIT Kanpur (Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur) is inviting application for admission to PhD in Cognitive Science. Candidates are suggested to check eligibility criteria, before applying for the course. The registration has been started from June 14, 2017 on the official website of the university. The registration will be closed on July 06, 2017.
- The registration is done via online mode only.
- The selection will be done through written test and Interview round.
- Candidates have to pay application fee of INR 400 at the time of registration process.
- There is relaxation of INR 200 for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST) and PwD category candidates.
IIT Kanpur is among the fifteen IITs in India which was Established in 1959 as one of the first Indian Institutes of Technology. It is a public engineering institution funded by government located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the Institutes of Technology Act.
IIT Kanpur Important Dates
The registration process has begun already. Eligible candidates can apply in online mode only. The table below represents the important dates of registration process:
|Registration begins from||June 14, 2017|
|Registration closes on||July 06, 2017|
IIT Kanpur Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply must fulfill the eligibility criteria. The detailed eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- MA/ M.Sc/ M.Phil/ MS/ equivalent degree (Cognitive Science/ Psychology/ Linguistics/ Philosophy/ Anthropology/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Biosciences/ related disciplines) with a minimum of 60% marks in the qualifying degree. A valid score/ qualification in GATE/ CSIR/ JRF/ NET/other equivalent exams.
- Applicants from IITs with a grade point average of 8.0/10 (or equivalent) are exempted from the GATE/ CSIR/ JRF/ NET requirement.
- M.Tech/ ME/ MD in any branch with a minimum of 60% marks in the qualifying degree.
- B.Tech/ BE in any branch, BS (4-year program) (Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Biosciences/ related sciences), MBBS.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 75% marks in the qualifying degree. Should have a valid score in GATE/ CSIR/ JRF/ NET/ other equivalent exam.
- Applicants from CFTIs (centrally funded technical institutions) with a grade point average of 7.5/10 (or equivalent) and those with an MBBS degree are exempted from the GATE/ CSIR/ JRF/NET requirement.
IIT Kanpur Application Form- How to Apply
The Application process is done in online mode only, there is no provision for offline submission of application forms. The registration process has been started from June 14, 2017 on the official website. It will be closed on July 06, 2017. Applications received after due date will not be accepted.
- Visit the official website and fill application form in prescribed format.
- Candidates are required to mention a valid email address and phone number on the application form.
- Applicants must provide the details of at least two persons who can provide reference letters in support of candidature of applicant through an email at:
Prof. Harish Karnick
Cognitive Science IDP
- At the time of registration process, candidates have to pay application fee of INR 400 for general and OBC category candidates.
- Students belonging to reserved category (SC/ ST) and PwD have to pay application fee of INR 200 while registration.
IIT Kanpur Selection Process
The selection process for admission in Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur to PhD in Cognitive Science program will be based on written test and interview round.
- Applicants found suitable for admission, will be shortlisted for an entrance test.
- After the declaration of entrance test result, qualifying candidates on the basis of their performance in written test, will be called for next step of selection process i.e. Interview round.
- The final admission will be based on the performance in the written test and interview.