Mangalayatan University (MU), Aligarh vision is to provide the students from all kinds of background, a quality educational experience leading to legitimately rewarding career opportunities. Over the years, the university has achieved various milestones since its inception in 2011. The entire panel of the institute assures to modify and update their methods of teaching and also update the curriculum as per the industry standards.
Read on to know what Mangalayatan University beholds for you all aspirants!
Mangalayatan University Training and Placement Cell
Mangalayatan University has a specialised Training and Placement Cell which takes care of all the on-campus as well as off-campus placement activities of the entire student body. The cell is headed by Prof. Abhay Kumar and ably supported by a Corporate Relations team led by Mr. Ashish Jain. The main function of the cell is to maintain strong industry university interaction, by organizing and coordinating frequent industrial visits, in-plant training and providing industrial projects.
Read more Mangalayatan University
Roles and Responsibilities of T&P Cell at MU Aligarh
- Organizes and coordinates On/Off campus recruitment drives.
- With a data bank of over 1000 companies, the cell ensured opportunities in more than 100 companies in previous years. More than 50 companies have given our students opportunities in the current years.
- Helps every student define his/her career interest through individual expert counseling.
- Provide inputs to the training team regarding specific job/skill requirements.
- Regularly facilitates students’ interactions with top industry personnel via Guest Lectures.
Along with the work of the Placement Team, the students are guided by the departments as to the various job opportunities available to them. The Career Advancement Cell currently has a group of experienced faculty who constantly provide training to the students as per the required needs of the batch. Special training programs are organized and conducted to provide company-specific employability training.
MU Aligarh: Placement Policy
The University has defined clear guidlines for final year students participating in the Placement Program. They are as follows:
- The qualification and other criteria of any given company will decide the eligibility of students for placement in that company
- The student representatives of T&P Cell (TPC) must attend and actively participate in every T&P meeti-up in order to ensure optimum representation and smooth flow of feedback and information.
- All the students must maintain decorum and discipline during the campus placement drives, specifically in terms of proper uniforms, presentation, and behavior; failing which the guilty student (s) may be debarred from the placement process.
- Students must sign up for a company a minimum of 48 hours before the commencement of placement event. They must verify their eligibility at the T&P office for this purpose.
- A student may avail not more than two offers of employment and that also on the discretion of Directors, including jobs obtained under own arrangement and offers gained through campus/off campus drives.
- For A+ companies like Infosys, L&T or others the University may decide to permit one more chance for already placed students at its discretion only.
- If a student expressed interest to participate in any campus/off-campus drive (by registration, email, telephonic message) fails to participate in the drive, he/she shall be considered as not being interested in placement through T&P Cell.
- The students shall be communicated at their respective university email ids only about the upcoming drives, activities, notifications, events, results and more.
- All of the T&P Cell constituent bodies like T&P officials, Placement Committee, Faculty Coordinators shall together form a Placement Group and relevant information of general interest shall be shared within the Group on a routine basis.
- If a student fails to clear the first/prelim round of selection process within 5 consecutive selection drives, he/she shall be deemed to be ineligible for employment through T&P Cell.
- If a student fails to finally get selected in the selection process during 10 consecutive placement drives; he/she shall be deemed to be ineligible for employment through T&P Cell.
- In the event of an offer being withdrawn for any reason (apart from a student’s inability to meet required criteria or failing an announced background check), the student will be eligible for placement again. Mangalayatan University will make all efforts to let him/her appear for equivalent job interviews
MU Aligarh: Top Recruiters
Currently, more than 90+ top-notch companies recruit students from the Mangalayatan University, Aligarh. Given below are few names of the recruiters:
- Google India
- ITC - ITC Limited
- NIIT Technologies
- RBS - The Royal Bank of Scotland
- HT - Hindustan Times
- Radission Blu and many more.