IIM Kashipur is one of the six new proposed IIM’s offering 2 years PGP(Post Graduate Programme).It follows its own admission policy in order to enroll creamy layer in its campus.
Know About CAT 2016 Exam
The selection Process at IIM Kashipur will evolve in two stages:-
In stage 1 candidates will be shortlisted for WAT(Written Ability Test) & PI(Personal Interviews) on the basis of their score in different sections in CAT 2015
Last year cut off of the shortlisted candidates at stage 1
Check CAT 2016 Cut off
The one who will get scrutinized according to the above cut off will be eligible to participate in Stage 2.
In stage 2 a merit list will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in WAT and PI
Weightage will be given as mentioned below :-
Method of Scoring
CAT Score (CS)
= (Candidate′ s CAT Score-Lowest Acceptable CAT Scores /Highest CAT Score −Lowest Acceptable CAT Scores ) ∗ 42
Class- X Marks (XM)
= ( Candidate′ s Class X Percentage Scores /100 ) ∗ 1
Class –XII Marks(12M)
12 = ( Candidate′ s Class XII Percentage Scores /100 ) ∗ 1
IF (Highest Qualification = Post Graduation ) PG=1, ELSE PG=0
Work Experience (WE)
IF (Programme=PGP), WE = x
Diversity Factor: Academics Discipline (DFa)
IF (Programme = PGP and Academic) DFa = 4; ELSE DFa = 0 ;
Diversity Factor: Gender (DFb)
IF (Programme = PGP and Gender = Female) DFb = 5; ELSE DFb = 0;
Academic Disciplines eligible for diversity factor marks for PGP
- Arts-Archaeology, Education, Fine Arts (Dance, Music, Painting), Geography, History, Journalism, Languages, Library Science, Literature, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Social Work/Welfare, Sociology, etc.
- Commerce/Economics: Auditing, Accountancy, Banking, Business Mathematics, Business Organization, Economics, Economic Development and Planning, Public Finance, Public Administration, Secretarial Practices etc.
- Charted Accountancy
- Charted Accountancy
- Company Secretaryship
- Education (including Physical Education and Sports)
- Management (BBA)
Stage 3 :-
Generation of Final Admission List
The Grand total will be calculated as per the following rule and on the basis of it, a Rank list will be prepared
Grand Total (C) = WAT &PI Total (2a) + Shortlist Total (2b)
Note:-If in case someone is already selected in WAT and PI rounds you need not to appear for these rounds again
IIM Kashipur will adhere to the policy of Government of India for Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribes, Non Creamy Other Backward Class and PwD(Person with Disability)
Selection Criteria for Overseas (NRI/PIO/Foreign) Students
For Seat allotment to the overseas students following benchmarks will be taken into account:-
- CAT/GMAT score (30% weightage for the score exceeding the minimum required).
- Work Experience (WE) score (20% weightage)
- Score for Past Academic Performance (PAP) (20% weightage).
- Scores of any other component including remote interviews over telephone video conferencing as may be decided by the Institute (30% weightage).
- PI(Personal Interviews)-For the personal interviews students must be physically present at IIM Kashipur in the month of June 2016
Eligibility of CAT/GMAT score
- Applicants applying through GMAT scores should be in the top 15 percentile bracket with a minimum score of 670 (GMAT scores valid for 2015).
- Applicants applying using CAT 2015 score must be within the top 15 percentile bracket.
Know About CAT 2016 Score Card
Documents to be carry at the time of admission
- Marksheets and Degree certificate- You must carry your original marksheets and self attested copies to show their eligibility at the time of interview.
- Reservation Category Certificates-If you belong to any of the reserved criteria , bring your docume-Caste certificateif short-listed for the interview .SC, ST, NC-OBC and DA aspirants must show the original caste/class and/or disability certificate and submit a photocopy at the time of interview.
Also Read:Last Updated - 28 Jul 2016