University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) today conferred degrees to 2645 students during its 15th annual convocation ceremony graced by dignitaries from the Central and State Government. Hon’ble Shri Prakash Javadekar, Union HRD Minister was the Chief Guest of the ceremony. Dr. K.K Paul, Governor, Uttarakhand; Shri Trivendra Singh Rawat, Chief Minister, Uttarakhand and Dr. Dhan Singh Rawat, Minister of State, Higher Education, Uttarakhand also presided over the function.
Congratulating the graduating students Shri Javadekar said, “Government of India is reforming higher education in a big way. We are creating a Higher Education Finance Agency that will provide INR 20,000 crore to educational institutes in India for research infrastructure in next three years. Our online education initiative ‘Swayam’ will offer 2000 courses for anytime anywhere learning.”
“Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision is to create India as the 3rd largest super power in Science & Technology by 2030 and you are the young force who can make it possible”, he further added.
He also congratulated the University for regularly adapting to changing economic and business scenario by developing unique domain-specific, highly specialized courses like B.Tech LLB.
This year all gold medallists from all three undergraduate streams- engineering, management, and law are female students. In total, 6 University Gold Medals, 59 Silver Medals and 3 Institutional Medals were awarded.
Mr. Utpal Ghosh, CEO & President, UPES congratulated award winners and new graduates and urged them to be life-long learners.
The academic year 2016-17 was a significant year for UPES. The University raised the benchmark for quality education by achieving momentous milestones and its students doing extremely well in various fields, including:
- 90% of the students placed who have opted for and were eligible in 300+ organizations
- UPES is the only University in the world to offer two management programs accredited by IACBE (International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education). These programs are MBA- Logistics & Supply Chain Management and MBA- Oil & Gas Management. Principal features of the IACBE accreditation include:
- Deepen the quality of program offerings to our current and future students
- Significant edge in global placement to students enrolled in these two programs
- Significant opportunities for faculty and the departments to internationalize through various IACBE platforms
- Two UPES Aerospace Engineering students have been selected for The Poland Mars Analogue Simulation 2017 as part of a collaboration between European Space Agency, Mars Society (USA), United Nations Space Generation Advisory Council and European Space Foundation. For 2 weeks, they will live and work in a simulated Mars environment and they will collect valuable data related to Mars habitat which will be shared with space agencies across the world
Established in 2003 through UPES Act, 2003 of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) is a UGC recognized and NAAC accredited University. UPES is globally recognized by QS Ratings with 5 Stars for both Employability (placements) and campus facilities and 4 Stars for its teaching. UPES offers industry-aligned graduate and post graduate courses in high growth sectors like oil & gas, power, infrastructure, IT, design, planning & architecture, public policy, legal studies and more. Because of its industry-oriented programs, UPES graduates are a preferred choice for the companies with a track record of 85% placements year on year. This demonstrates UPES’ commitment, quality of students, and the holistic approach of its dedicated faculty. For more information, visit www.upes.ac.in.
Last Updated - 14 Jun 2017