University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun is conducting an Engineering Admission Test (EAT) for admissions to its 37 B.Tech courses, for the session 2016-20. The interested candidates can submit the applications online or offline by May 3, 2016 for the exam, to be conducted on May 15, 2016 (tentative).
Candidates can also apply on the basis of their Board result or JEE Main result for the various full-time B.Tech programmes in different streams. The final selection of the candidate will be done on the basis of UPESEAT/ Board/ JEE Main 2016 Merit List after counselling, which will take place in June 2016.
Tentative Dates regarding UPESEAT 2016:
Application Form submission window
November 5, 2015 – May 3, 2016
UPESEAT 2016 Admit Card available online
May 10, 2016
UPESEAT 2016 Exam Date
May 15, 2016 (09:30 – 12:30 Hours)
Announcement of UPESEAT 2016 Result
June 2016 (1st week)
Announcement of Non Exam based merit list
(JEE Main & Board Merit List)
June 2016 (2nd week)
UPES 2016 Counselling for admissions to B.Tech courses
June 2016 (3rd and 4th week)
Registration for admissions after Phase 1 of counselling
Eligibility Criteria for Admissions to B.Tech courses at UPES Dehradun:
The candidate will be admitted to the available B.Tech courses only if they fulfil the eligibility criteria of the Exam Based Pathway/Non-Exam Based Pathway described in the following article:
Exam Based Pathway: (80% of total available seats)
- The candidate should have secured at least 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th).
- The candidate must have obtained minimum 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level(10+2)
Non-Exam Based Pathway: (20% of total available seats)
The non-exam based pathway for admission requires the following eligibility criteria:
- Board Merit:
- The candidate should have secured minimum 80% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th).
- The candidate must have obtained at least 80% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (10+2)
- JEE Main Merit:
- The candidate must have obtained minimum 60% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
- The candidate should have secured at least 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (10+2)
- The candidates should have secured the minimum cut-off, declared by UPES, in the JEE Mains to become eligible for applying to the UPES B.Tech course.
Age Criteria: Only the candidate born on or after October 1, 1993 are eligible for admission. The date of birth mentioned in the Secondary Education Board Certificate only will be taken as authentic.
Reservation Criteria for UPES Admissions 2016:
15% of the total available seats in all UPES programs will be reserved merit-wise for Uttarakhand bona fide resident candidates provided they produce the “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” (Permanent Residence Certificate) issued by the competent authority of Uttarakhand State. The seats remaining vacant in this category shall be treated as unreserved.
Application Fee for UPESEAT 2016:
In case of
Application Process to appear in UPESEAT 2016:
The candidates can apply online as well as offline to appear in UPESEAT 2016.
Online Submission of Application:
- The candidates can download the application form after signing-up themselves on the official university website
- The candidate should fill in all the entries with valid relevant information in the application form. While applying online, the candidate should also upload his/her photograph
- After submitting the online application form, the candidate will be redirected to the payment gateway for submitting the required application fee through Credit card/ Debit card
- Upon the successful submission of application, the candidate will be allotted an online application number which he/she should retain carefully for future reference
Offline Submission of Application:
- The candidates can also apply offline by purchasing the prospectus and application form by Cash payment from admission counters at Ahmedabad / Chandigarh/ Cochin / Coimbatore / Delhi / Dehradun / Hyderabad / Kolkata / Mumbai
- Alternately, the candidate can also collect UPES Prospectus & Application form by sending a demand draft (DD) along with the request letter to UPES Enrolment Offices at Dehradun/ Delhi. The DD should be made in favor of "UPES Fee Account", payable at Dehradun/ Delhi
UPESEAT 2016 Admit Card:
- Provisionally eligible candidates can download their admit cards from the university website from May 10, 2016 onwards
- The candidate should complete the downloaded admit card by affixing his/her recent passport size photograph and attesting in the space provided. The completed admit cards must be produced at the allotted examination centre in order to be permitted for taking the test
UPESEAT 2016 Exam Pattern:
UPES Engineering Admission Test 2016 will consists of 200 objective type multiple choice questions with a time duration of 3 hours. The following table shows the subject-wise weightage for UPESEAT 2016:
Current/ General Awareness
Selection Process for B.Tech courses at UPES:
The final selection of the eligible candidates will be done on the following basis:
- For UPESEAT 2016 candidates: The candidates who will appear in the UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT) will be selected by Centralized Counselling through their obtained UPESEAT Merit rank
- For Board/JEE Main Merit candidates: The candidates falling in this category will be selected for admission by Centralized Counselling through their Board/ JEE Main Merit ranking