The final MBA admission result 2020 has been released by IIM Calcutta on https://www.iimcal.ac.in/. The institute did not consider the Written Ability Test’s (WAT) 10% weightage, in order to maintain fairness in the selection process. The selected candidates will receive the admission offers, followed by the payment of Offer Acceptance Fee which has to be paid by the date mentioned in the offer letter.
How to check MBA admission status?
Visit the IIM Calcutta admission website (https://www.iimcal.ac.in/).
Step wise process:
Step 1: Click on the admission portal.
Step 2: Enter your CAT 2019 application number and Email ID (same as mentioned at the time of registration).
Step 3: If your name appears in the list, proceed ahead with Offer Acceptance fee payment.
NOTE: Only candidates who have been selected or waitlisted can find their names in the released IIM Calcutta admission list.
What’s new in the MBA Admission process 2020?
- IIM Calcutta usually conducts WAT and PI rounds in person for the admission. Due to the prevailing condition, the institute conducted only Personal Interviews online. It was not possible to conduct the written test, henceforth the institute dropped WAT score in the final selection process.
- The PI rounds were conducted on a virtual platform and candidates were made to appear in formal dress suitable for the interview.
- IIM Calcutta awarded 15% weightage to the graduation marks in the selection criteria. On the basis of these marks candidates were further shortlisted for PI round.
- Class 10 score weightage has reduced this year to 10%, which was earlier 20%.
- Class 12 score also reduced to 15% from 20% last year.
- Instead of 100 marks, the final MBA merit list 2020 was declared out of 90 marks.
See the table below to have clear idea about IIM Calcutta shortlisting criteria
|Components||Weightage||Method of calculation|
|CAT 2019 overall score||56%||Candidate’s Total CAT 2019 score/ Maximum CAT 2019 Score X 56|
|Class X marks||10%||On Scoring 80%+ marks|
|Class XII marks||15%||On Scoring 80%+ marks|
|Bachelor’s Degree||15%||On Scoring 60%+ marks|
|Gender Diversity factor (Women candidates)||4%||Only for Women candidates|
The institute is intimating the selected candidates via email provided at the time of admission. The academic session 2020-2021 is expected to commence from August 1, 2020. As per the present scenario, the classes will be conducted in online mode.