Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata has released notification for admission to M.Lib.I.Sc. Program (Master of Library and Information Science). It is a full time one year program.
The registration window is open currently. Interested candidates can apply on the official website of the university. The registration will close on July 24, 2017. Students need to pay an application fee of INR 200 at the time of registration process.
The selection is done on the basis of merit list. The University will publish a combined merit list to shortlist the candidates on the basis of their score on last qualifying examination.
Read More RBU Admission
Rabindra Bharati University M.Lib.I.Sc. Important Dates
The registration has started from July 13, 2017. It can be done in online mode. Check the table given below for complete schedule of admission process:
|Registration starts from||July 13, 2017|
|Last date of registration||July 24, 2017|
|Last date for online payment through payment gateway||July 25, 2017|
|Master List of candidates will be published on||August 01, 2017 (after 04:00 PM)|
|Date of first merit list||August 04, 2017 (after 04:00 PM)|
Rabindra Bharati University M.Lib.I.Sc. Eligibility Criteria 2017
To be eligible for admission to M.Lib.I.Sc. program, applicants must qualify the complete eligibility criteria prescribed by the university.
- Graduation with honours or Master’s degree (with honours) or a technical degree (of the pattern 10+2+4 or 10+2+5) such as Engineering, Computer Application, Pharmacy, Law etc. from any U.G.C recognized University or Institute.
- B.Lib.I.Sc. (Bachelor of Library and Information Science) from any U.G.C. recognized University.
For Deputed Candidate: Such candidates need to submit a “No Objection Certificate” from the competent authority.
For fresher: Candidates who have passed B.Lib.I.Sc. in 2017, 2016 and 2015 are only eligible to apply. No break of studies for the Deputed candidates.
Rabindra Bharati University M.Lib.I.Sc. Application Form 2017
Candidates who wish to apply can submit the application form on the official website of the university. Applicants are suggested to check eligibility criteria, before applying for the program. The registration window will close on July 24, 2017. Applications received after the due date will not be accepted.
Students have to mention a valid email address or phone number on the application form. Applicants are required to pay an application fee of INR 200 at the time of application form submission.
Steps to Apply:
- Visit the official Website
- Click on the admission link
- Register by using your email id and password
- Login after the confirmation of email
- Enter the details asked in application form
- Upload the signature and photograph in jpeg format
- Image size should not be more than 50 kb
- Save the application form
- Pay the application fee by either of the available modes
- Take the print out of application form.
Bharati University M.Lib.I.Sc. Selection Process 2017
The selection is done on the basis of merit list. Shortlisted candidates will be considered for admission process.
- Candidates who have obtained B.Lib.I.Sc. degree on distance mode of studies from Open Universities will have to appear in the Written Entrance Test.
- Students should score at least 40% marks in entrance test to eligible for admission to M. Lib. I. Sc. program.
- Applicants belonging to reserved category need to score minimum 30% marks.
About Rabindra Bharati University
Rabindra Bharati University is one of the prestigious universities. It was established on May 8, 1962, under the Rabindra Bharati Act of the Government of West Bengal in 1961.
The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Performing Arts and Visual Arts under the Faculty of Fine Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences and other subjects under the Faculty of Arts.
Address: No.6/4, Dwarakanath Tagore Lane,
Kolkata, West Bengal 700007
Phone: 033 2558 4443
Last Updated - 21 Jul 2017