Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University has released notification for admission to Integrated MPhil and Ph.D. in Sanskrit program. The registration process has been started from June 17, 2017. It is done through offline mode. Candidates who wish to apply are suggested to check eligibility criteria, before applying for the course.
- The university offers seats for admission to Integrated MPhil and Phd in Sanskrit program.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in Sanskrit with 60% aggregate marks and 60% marks in the concerned subject in Master’s Degree from UGC recognized University.
- The registration window will be closed on July 05, 2017.
- The selection is done on the basis of written test followed by viva voce.
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University is administered by the Ramakrishna Mission. It was declared by Government of India as a Deemed University under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956. It has five campuses in Belur, Kolkata, Coimbatore, Ranchi and Narendrapur.
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University Integrated MPhil and Ph.D. Important Dates
The registration process is underway. Candidates wishing to apply can submit the application form till July 05, 2017. The table below represents the complete schedule of admission process.
|Registration process start from||June 17, 2017|
|Last date of online registration||July 05, 2017|
|Entrance Test||July 08, 2017 (Saturday 10:00 am)|
|Viva Voce||July 08, 2017 (Saturday 2:30 pm)|
|Announcement of the selected list of candidates||July 09, 2017|
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University Integrated MPhil and Ph.D. Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for admission to Integrated MPhil and Ph.D. program, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria, which is set by the university. The complete eligibility criteria are mentioned below.
- 60% marks in Sanskrit with honours in Bachelor's Degree and 60% marks in the concerned subject in Master’s Degree from an UGC recognized University
- There is relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category candidates.
- Aspirant should possess UGC NET JRF (Junior Research Fellowship)
- Those without NET JRF may also apply provided they have 75% marks in the Master's Degree
- The candidate must be willing to join as whole time research scholar.
- For the academic year 2017-18, the specialization for Ph.D. will be vyakarana and vedanta. Aspiring candidates should therefore have had specialization in vyakarana (Panini’s grammar) or Vedanta (preferably Sankara Advaita Vedanta) at the Master's Program.
- Candidate should have Easy and facile writing ability and fluent speaking capacity in Sanskrit is essential.
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University Integrated MPhil and Ph.D. Application Form
- Apply, preferably by email and followed by the application form with a detailed CV.
- Email to registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A copy should be marked to the Head of the Department of Sanskrit Studies, at the following email: email@example.com” or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates have to pay the application fee of INR 300 with necessary certificates, by post or in person at the university office. It can be paid by cash or DD in favour of Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University
- Self-attested passport size photograph should be affixed on the application form.
Read More RKMVU Admission
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University Integrated MPhil and Ph.D. Selection Process
The selection process is done on the basis of written test followed by Viva Voce. Candidates who will successfully qualify both stages of selection process will be considered for admission.
- Applications suitable for admission, will be called for written test.
- Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their performance in the written test will be called for final stage of selection process i.e. Viva voce.
- The final selection is based on the performance of both stages.
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University Integrated MPhil and Ph.D. Contact Details
Address: PO Belur Math, Howrah, West Bengal 711202
Phone: 033 2654 999
Fax: (033) 2654-4640
Last Updated - 23 Jun 2017