Applications are invited by the Calcutta University for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Program in Mathematics discipline. Application will start from December 07, 2015 and will be closed on December 28, 2015.
There are only 11 seats and candidate will be selected on the basis of an entrance test conducted by the University department. The reservation norms for these seats will be followed as per the rules of West Bengal State Higher Educational.
Calcutta University Ph.D. Admission 2016 Important Dates:
Date of Advertisement
Last date of receiving application
December 28, 2015
List of eligible candidates will be displayed
January 08, 2016
Tentative date for written examination
January 15, 2016
Tentative date of result declaration
January 22, 2016
Tentative date for viva-voce
January 27, 2016.
University of Calcutta Ph.D. Programme Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates should have passed a Master degree or M.Sc degree in Mathematics discipline.
|Top Ph.D. Colleges in India Based on Ranking||Top Ph.D. Colleges in Assam|
Application Process for Calcutta University Ph.D. Admission 2016:
- Candidate should apply in plain paper (format given on university website)
- Fill all the required details
- And submit it to the Head of the Department, after paying Rs. 100/- to the University Cash Counter through a challan
- Challan will be obtained from the University Sales Counter at the C.U. College Street Campus
University of Calcutta Selection Criteria for Ph.D. Course:
All eligible candidates will have to appear in a written examination conducted by the Department of Applied Mathematics.
Successful candidates will have to appear for a viva-voce/counseling. The final selection for admission to Ph.D. Programme in Mathematics, along with the allocation of supervisor; will be done on the basis of this viva voce/counseling.
Written Exam Details and Marks Distribution
- The written examination will have total 100 questions
- 50 questions will be of objective type (MCQs)
- Another 50 questions will be short type
For final selection, candidates will have to secure the following minimum marks for each categories.
- 40 out of 100 for general candidates
- 30 out of 100 for SC/ST candidates
- 36 out of 100 for OBC candidates