Calcutta University has commenced the sale of applications forms for the one year Pre-M.A. Course, for the academic session 2015-16, in Persian, French and Pali. Total number of seats available in each of the mentioned languages are as follows:
- Persian - 10
- French - 20
- Pali - 20
Eligible candidates can apply by submitting the required fee at the university cash counter and obtaining the prescribed application form. Duly filled-in applications should be submitted on or before December 7, 2015.
Last date for submitting completed applications – December 7, 2015
Eligibility for pursuing Pre-M.A. Course at Calcutta University:
For admission to Persian course:
The candidate must have completed graduation with at least 45% aggregate in the respective subject from a recognized university.
For admission to French course:
The candidate must have a graduate or graduate honours degree and should possess the certificate of two years course completion from the language department of any recognized university or institution.
For admission to Pali course:
- The candidate should have obtained at least 45% marks in respective subjects in graduation from a recognized university. In case of reserved category candidate such as SC/ST/PwD, minimum required aggregate is 40%
- The candidate should possess an honours degree in one of the following subjects- Sanskrit, Philosophy, History, Ancient Indian History & Culture, Linguistics, Bengali
Note: Candidates are to appear for their Final/Diploma Course examination are also eligible to apply for the Pre-M.A. program provisionally, subject to result of their qualifying examination.
Application Fee for the Pre-M.A. course 2015-16:
Category of Candidates
Application Process for Calcutta University Pre-M.A. Course 2015-16:
- The candidate should deposit the prescribed application form fee at the Cash Counter, Calcutta University and retain the payment receipt.
- The candidate must show the payment receipt to obtain the application form available at the following address:
UCAC Students Section (Arts)
Room No.3G, Asutosh Building
- The completed applications should be submitted, along with the essential certificates and testimonials, at the above mentioned address between 11.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. on all working days.