University of Calcutta has released notification for admission to M.Ed program. M.Ed (Master of Education) is offered as full time program having for 4 semesters comprising 2 years. For the academic year 2017-18 Calcutta University offers 50 seats for admission to M.Ed program.
The registration is done through online mode. Candidates who wish to apply can submit the application form on the official website of the university. The registration process has been started from June 22, 2017.
- University of Calcutta offers seats for admission to M.Ed program.
- Candidates must have B.Ed degree with minimum of 55% marks.
- The registration will be closed on June 30, 2017.
University of Calcutta M.Ed Important Dates
The registration process is ongoing. It closes on June 30, 2017. Candidates are suggested to check complete schedule for better reference:
|Submission of online application start from||June 22, 2017|
|Last dates of online form submission||June 30, 2017|
|Last date of submission of printed copy of application form||July 03, 2017 (3:00 pm)|
|Admit Card released on||July 05, 2017 (tentative)|
|Date of deputed spot admission through counselling||July 06, 2017|
University of Calcutta M.Ed Eligibility Criteria
To seek admission to M.Ed program, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria. The complete eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates must have B.Ed degree of 1 or 2 year duration with at least 55% marks or B Grade in grading system.
- 4 year integrated teacher education degree program (BEIED/ BScED/ BAED) with minimum 55% marks or B Grade in grading system.
- D.EI.Ed/ D.Ed with a bachelors (honors) degree (BA/ BSc/ BCom) each with at least 55% marks or B Grade in grading system.
- Special B.Ed with minimum 50% marks or B Grade in grading system.
- With honor of under graduate level (excepting 4 year integrated teacher education program) and MA/ M.Sc/ M.Com/ with minimum 55% marks or B Grade in grading system.
- There is relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST/ PwD).
University of Calcutta M.Ed Age Limit
The maximum age limit is 45 years as on June 30, 2017 for fresher candidates and 55 years for candidates employing in secondary/ higher secondary school, colleges, and semi government organization.
There is relaxation in age limit of 5 years for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST/ PwD).
University of Calcutta M.Ed Application Form
Candidates who wish to apply for admission to M.Ed program in Calcutta University can apply on the official website of the university. The registration closes on June 30, 2017. Applications received after due date will not be accepted.
All the information which is mentioned on the application form must be correct and exactly same with the information of original documents. Students are required to give a valid email address or phone number on the application form.
Applicants have to pay the application fee of INR 300 at the time of registration process through SBI collect (e-challan payment only). There is relaxation of INR 150 for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST/ PwD).
Steps to Apply
- Go to the official website of Calcutta University i.e. www.caluniv.ac.in/.
- Click on the admission link
- Register by using your email id and password
- Login after the confirmation of email
- Enter the details asked in application form
- Upload the signature and photograph in jpeg format
- Verify all the information and save application form
- Take printout for future reference.
Documents Required with Application Form
Here is the list of all the required documents for registration process. Candidates are required to attach all these documents with application form.
- Acknowledgement Slip
- Proof of Date of Birth Certificate
- Copy of e-receipt download from “Payment History” under state bank collect.
- Copy of mark sheet of class 10
- Category certificate (If Applicable)
- PwD certificate (If Applicable)
University of Calcutta M.Ed Admission Process
Admission to M.Ed. two year program will be based on:-
In Career Marking five components (i.e. Aggregate marks obtained in class 10, class 12, Graduation, Post-Graduation and B.Ed as mentioned in point (EC-I) will be proportionately evaluated in 50 marks by distributing 10 mark for each.
Candidates have to appear for a written test based on perspectives in teacher education. The question paper consists of 50 Questions, all the questions will be in MCQ format (Multiple Choice Questions). The duration of the paper is 1 hour 30 minutes. The deputed candidates are exempted from admission test.
University of Calcutta M.Ed Selection Process
Based on the sum of total marks obtained in A and B final merit list should be prepared keeping in view the reservation norms of the Government.
Selection will be made strictly in order of merit and subject group quota for 60% of seats from C.U. candidates (Category A) and also for rest 40% of seats (Category B) i.e. for rest CU and Non-CU candidates the same procedure will be followed. Category will be determined based on the chronologically last obtained degree relevant for admission.
The complete fee structure of university of Calcutta is mentioned in the table given below:
|Tuition Fee INR 200 per month||INR 4800|
|Library Deposit||INR 400|
|Laboratory Fee||INR 120|
|Session Charges||INR 88|
Office of the Secretary, Alipore Campus, University of Calcutta
1, Reformatory Street, Alipore,
Kolkata - 700027
Telephone: 2439 8453, 2479 1645
Last Updated - 23 Jun 2017