In a recent turn of events, we just came across that Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon have pushed forward their admission date to December 3, 2018. This extension took place due to a technical glitch with extensive admission system of the institute that occurred on November 26.
- MDI Gurgaon has its own admission portal for the entire admission process
- A student is supposed to create an account and log in
- Post the login, a student is able to access all the required information
The technical glitch proved to be quiet bemusing for the students trying to apply to the institute. Payments getting stuck, failed logins, no confirmation emails, account creations are some of the issues that students are facing. Seems like MDI’s application system for PGP-2019-21 has taken a quite bumpy road.
As per the instructions by the Institute:
- Applicants who have not paid the fee- can fill the lightweight form and pay the relevant fee to confirm their candidature.
- Applicants who have already paid the fee- need not pay it again as they can complete their application forms later when the application systems reopen.
- Existing users who haven’t paid the fee- might have to recreate their login accounts in order to successfully complete the process.
Aspirants need to wait for the application system to reopen for further queries, therefore, the extended admission date (December 3, 2018) was a blessing in disguise for the students.
Read about MDI Gurgaon
The entire application system has created havoc for students applying to the institute. There are cases where students are claiming that even lightweight form isn’t solving the purpose as there is still no confirmation of payment even after the money gets deducted from the bank account. It comes as no surprise that admission helpline numbers are busy for long hours.
Also, the reopening date hasn’t been disclosed by MDI Gurgaon, leaving us perplexed as in how the students might subsist during entire confound circumstances. While this isn’t enough, the magnanimity of the technical bug is to such extent that students are using forums to vent out their frustrations and to seek help.
The guidelines that have been issued by the Institute for applicants who have already paid the fee are:
- They need not fill the form again
- Their candidature is confirmed
- Wait till the technical glitch is resolved and application system reopens
The institute is positive as the technical glitch will be resolved soon, hence, students need not worry until then. There has been a constant endeavour to reach the institute through helpline numbers but the lines are busy for hours.
The technical bug infected MDI Gurgaon’s application system just post the most crucial MBA exam, CAT. There is no further information released by the Institute regarding the status of applications. Hence, a perplexing environment has been created among students who are applying or have applied.