Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon is a B-School that offers the management courses. MDI has invited the applications for admission into National Management Programme (NMP) and Post Graduate Programme in Energy Management (PGP-EM) programmes for the academic year 2016-18.
MDI Gurgaon NMP and PGP-EMP Programme Important Dates:
MDI Information Brochure along with Application
August 25, 2015 (Tuesday)
Last Date of Submission of Application
Form at MDI
November 28, 2015 (Saturday)
CAT Test Date
November 29, 2015 (Sunday)
MDI Test Date for Sponsored Candidates
December 13, 2015 (Sunday)
Date of Personal Interview
January 31, 2016 (Sunday)
Commencement of the classes
First Week of April 2016
MDI Gurgaon to NMP and PGP-EMP Programme Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidate must have passed 10th and 12th class and secure at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in both
- Candidate must have a passed a 3 years bachelor degree with minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in any discipline from any recognized university
- Candidate should have passed equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India
Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of post-qualification executive work experience as on December 31, 2015. Further an applicant should be either:
- A class I officer belonging to any central or state service. A Class I officer in a public sector undertaking, including banks and financial institutions, or
- An officer in a private sector corporation shouldering adequate management responsibilities
Selection Process for Sponsored Candidates:
Sponsored candidates have to forward their application through their respective organizations.
- It is compulsory for all sponsored applicants to take the MDI admission test
- Test will be held on December 13, 2015 (Sunday) at various examination centers i.e. Gurgaon, Bangalore & Mumbai
- The tests will be followed by personal interview on the same day for sponsored candidates
- The list of selected candidates for the offer of admission will be sent to the respective sponsors in the last week January 2016
Self-Sponsored Candidates through CAT/MDI Test:
Such candidates are required to appear for either in Common Admission Test (CAT-2015) or MDI Test 2015.
The CAT-2015 is conducted by the IIMs on November 29, 2015 (Sunday) and MDI Test 2015 will be conducted on December 13, 2015 (Sunday) in Gurgaon, Bangalore and Mumbai (all centers except Gurgaon are tentative).
MDI, Gurgaon NMP and PGP-EMP Programme Online Application Process:
- Candidates have to apply online through MDI official website Apply here
- Now click on the programme they wish to apply and follow the instruction
- Make an online payment of application fee Rs. 220/- through Credit/ Debit Card/ Net Banking
- After successful payment a receipt is generated, candidate must take the print out of the application receipt
Note: Candidate must bring this application receipt at the time of Personal Interview. The candidate will not be allowed to appear in the personal interview without submitting the application receipt duly signed.
For more than One Programme:
- If candidates want to apply for more than one programme NMP/ PGP-EM can do it simply by filling a single application form
- The preference of NMP/ PGP-EM will be taken only from the shortlisted candidates in the month of December 2015
- The shortlisted candidates have to login to MDI website and enter the order of preference for the programme. Preference once filled cannot be changed at any stage later on
Application Process for Foreign / NRI/ PIO Candidates:
Admission of Foreign / NRI/ PIO Candidates will be made on the basis of valid GMAT score ((taken not before January 1, 2015 (Thursday) and not later than Monday, November 30, 2015).
- Candidates will have to apply online through MDI website Apply Here
- Now click on the programme they wish to apply and follow the instructions
- Candidates have to register for MDI programme at GMAT website at the time of taking GMAT examination
- Candidates have to make an online payment of Rs. 7200/- or US $ 120 through Credit/ Debit Card/ Net Banking
Selection Procedure for Foreign / NRI/ PIO Candidates:
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of GMAT score and will be interviewed by MDI, NRI
- Applicants who are residing in India during the period of admission process i. e. July-December, 2015 will have to appear for the CAT/ MDI test and they will not be considered for admission on the basis of their Valid GMAT scores
- GOI rules will be followed related to admission of these categories of candidates. GOI guidelines will be applicable in determining the NRI status of applicants
MDI Gurgaon Selection Process for NMP and PGP-EMP Programme:
Candidates will be shortlisted for admission on the basis of CAT Score/ MDI Test Score. Selected candidates will be interviewed on January 31, 2016 (Sunday).
Interview Venue: Interview will be held at Gurgaon, Bangalore and Mumbai (all centers except Gurgaon are tentative).
Successful candidates will be intimated of their final selection in second week of February 2016. The selected candidates must pay the first installment of Programme fees by 4th week of February 2016.
If they are failing then the other for admission will be considered withdrawn without any further intimation and another will be made to the next candidate on the waiting list.Last Updated - 05 Nov 2015