Admissions have started for Ph.D. programmes at the prestigious NIT Sikkim in various departments including Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Humanities and Social Sciences.
All the concerned departments of the National Institute of Technology (NIT) Sikkim are offering Full-time and Part-time Doctoral Programmes, for the academic session 2015-16. Last date for the receipt of completed applications, along with the processing fee, is December 16, 2015.
|Top PhD in Engineering Colleges in Sikkim||Best PhD in Science Colleges in West Bengal||Top PhD in Science Colleges in Sikkim Based on Ranking|
Last date for accepting completed applications: December 16, 2015
Eligibility Criteria for PhD admission at National Institute of Technology Sikkim:
- The candidate should possess master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology with at least 65% marks or equivalent score OR
- The candidate should have cleared master’s degree in Science First class or with minimum 55% aggregate or equivalent grade OR
- The candidate should have secured minimum 75% marks or equivalent grade in his/her graduate degree in Engineering/ Technology or equivalent
Note: For reserved category candidates such as SC/ST, there will be a relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade.
Special Eligibility Criteria for admissions to the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences:
Along with the above mentioned criteria, the candidates must also satisfy one of the following additional requirements:
- GATE 2015/ CEED 2015 valid score
- CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ DST award or Fellowship
- At least 1 years of professional work experience (For Sponsored, Self-financed categories, and Institute Staff of NIT Sikkim)
- Minimum 6 months of project work experience in the Institute ( For Project Staff of NIT Sikkim)
Application Fee for NIT Sikkim PhD Admission 2016:
Category of Candidates
NIT Sikkim Fee Structure as prescribed for different courses
Application Process for PhD Admissions 2016 at National Institute of Technology Sikkim:
- The candidate should download and fill the prescribed application form, available on the college website.
- The candidate must also submit a non-refundable processing fee through demand draft (DD), drawn in favour of “Director, NIT Sikkim” and payable at Ravangla. The envelope should be super scribed with “Subject: Application for Ph.D. (Department/Discipline)”
- Completed applications, along with the processing fee, should be sent by post to the following address:
Assistant Dean (Academic Affairs)
National Institute of Technology Sikkim
Ravangla, South Sikkim 737 139
- The candidate must also send an application softcopy to email@example.com
Note: Candidates applying for more than one program in different departments should fill separate application forms, along with the prescribed fee for each program.
List of Courses available at NIT Sikkim for the session 2016
List of documents to be submitted at the time of written examination/interview
- High School Certificate (Original)
- Score sheet of qualifying examination (Original)
- Character Certificate issued by the Head of the institution last attended
- OBC/SC/ST/PH certificate (if applicable)
- Sponsorship certificate (if applicable)
- No Objection Certificate from employer (if applicable)
Selection Process for National Institute of Technology Sikkim Admissions:
The final selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in Written Examination and/or Interview.
NIT Sikkim offers excellent Hostel Facilities for its students, both male and female.Last Updated - 08 Dec 2015