NIT Puducherry invites applications from eligible candidates for admissions to Ph.D. courses for the academic session of 2016. The program is available in full time and part time modes.
Candidates can download the application forms from the official website of the institute. The last date to apply is December 15, 2015.
The courses are offered in following disciplines:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
NIT Puducherry Ph.D. Program 2016 Eligibility Criteria:
- Ph.D. in Engineering: The candidate must have a first class in Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology in addition to Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology in the relevant discipline. However, the minimum percentage of marks required may be relaxed by 5% for SC/ST candidates. Candidates having PG degree in Science should possess an M. Tech./M.E. degree over and above their PG degree for Ph.D. in Engineering
- Candidates who have completed M.Tech. program through GATE score (or) who already possesses a valid GATE scoreare eligible for admission with institute fellowship as per MHRD norms
- Ph.D. in Science (Mathematics/Physics/Chemistry): Candidates with first class in Master’s degree in sciences in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or CGPA of 6.5/10 for OC/OBC category and 55% aggregate marks or CGPA of 6.0/10 for SC/ST. A valid GATE 2016 /NET or UGC/CSIR JRF score is required for full-time candidates
NIT Puducherry Ph.D. Program 2016 Application Process:
The application form can be downloaded from the official website of the institute.
The steps to download the application form are as follows:
- Open the NIT Puducherry’s official website.
- In the ‘News and Events’ section, click on ‘Admissions to Ph.D. Program 2015-16’.
- Now you will be directed to a new page, containing the application form and information brochure
- Click on ‘Application Form for Ph.D. Program’, the application form will open in a new window in pdf format.
- Save the form and take a print out of it, fill in all the details correctly.
The filled up application form along with self-attested photocopies of mark sheets, degree certificates, community certificates, and the necessary enclosures along with a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 500/- (Rs.250/- for SC/ST/ PwD ) by means of Demand Draft drawn in favor of “The Director, National Institute of Technology, Puducherry” payable at Karaikal should reach on or before December 15, 2015 to:
The Registrar (Ph.D. admissions),
National Institute of Technology Puducherry,
The list of necessary documents/enclosures to be sent:
- Self-attested copy of GATE score card.
- Self-attested copy of the mark sheets & degree certificate of the qualifying examinations.
- Self-attested copy of provisional certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Self-attested copy of UG degree certificate and mark sheets.
- Self-attested copy of certificate of matriculation/ 10 th class as proof of age of the candidate.
- Self-attested copy of cast certificate in case of SC/ST/OBC candidates from the competent authority.
- Self-attested copy of Medical Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) in case of PwD candidates from the competent authority.
- Self-attested copy of experience certificate (if any).
- Research proposal of 1000 words should be attached with the application form.
- No objection certificate (NOC) duly signed by the HOD/HOS in case of sponsored candidates from Industry/ State Government employee.
- Self-attested copy of credentials including AICTE recognized short term courses attended, research publications, professional qualifications etc.
- Demand Draft towards application fee as per category for the candidate i.e. Rs.500/- for General/OBC and Rs.250/-for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
NIT Puducherry Ph.D. Program 2016 Selection Process:
- Candidates recommended by the Departmental Selection Committee on the basis of GATE/NET/JRF/SRF score will be screened by an entrance test and / or interview.
- Both full time and part time candidates will have a common written test. At the time of interview, candidates are expected to discuss their research interest/area of interest.
- List of eligible candidates for written test will be displayed on institute website.
- No separate letter / communication will be made to any individual for written test.
- Candidates will not be given any TA/DA allowances for attending written test/interview