CSIR-Central Electrochemical Research Institute (CSIR-CECRI) was founded on July 25, 1948 at Karaikudi. It offers various graduate and training programs. Institute invites application for admissions to B.Tech program at CSIR-CECRI for academic year 2017-18. For admissions to B.Tech program candidates can apply online on the official website.
- Last date of application is July 21, 2017 till 5 PM.
- Application process is both online and offline.
- Total seat intake is 5.
- Admissions will be purely merit based.
- Basic eligibility is that candidates must have passed passed senior secondary exams i.e. 10+2 exams.
- Application fee can be paid through Demand Draft only.
CSIR-CECRI B.Tech Admission 2017 Important Dates
|Commencement of online submission of Application||June 19, 2017 (10.00 a.m.)|
|Last date for online submission of Application||July 21, 2017 (05.00 p.m.)|
|Last date for receipt of hard copy of the Application||July 26, 2017 (05.00 p.m.)|
|Merit list declaration||July 27, 2017|
|First round of counselling||August 2, 2017|
CSIR-CECRI B.Tech Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should carefully read all the eligibility criteria and then apply for the course to avoid any sort of rejection. The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Applicants should be citizen of India and should have studied in any state other than Tamil Nadu since class VIII.
- Candidates must have studied Mathematics, physics, chemistry as compulsory subjects.
- The minimum academic requirement is that candidate must have passed in final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent recognized by any State Board / Central Board or any other Board (other than Tamilnadu) accepted by Anna University, Chennai.
- Minimum average marks in maths, physics and chemistry put together are 50% for General and OBC (NCL) and 35% for SC candidates.
Read More CSIR-CECRI Admission
The seat distribution is based on the reservation norms set up by the Government. The distribution is as follows:
|OBC (Non creamy Layer)||1|
CSIR-CECRI B.Tech Admission 2017 Application Process
Candidates can apply online from the official website i.e. www.cecri.res.in. The steps to fill the application form are as follows:
- Go to the official website i.e. www.cecri.res.in
- Click on ‘Academics’ tab and then on ‘Graduate program’ tab.
- A new window will appear indicating ‘Admission to B.Tech Course under other State Quota’ link click on this link.
- A page will appear having ‘Apply online’ link. Click on it.
- Application form appears. Fill it completely and ‘Submit’ it.
- After submitting take the printout of the submitted application.
- Printout along with all the relevant documents accompanied by the application fee must be sent to at
The Dean (Administration)
Centre For Education CSIR-CECRI,
Karaikudi – 630 003,
The self-attested copies of documents required to attach with the application form are as follows:
- Mark sheet of Higher Secondary Certificate or Equivalent Examination
- Mark Sheet of X Standard
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Community Certificate (if applicable)
- Permanent Residence Certificate
- Rank card of JEE (Main) 2017 issued by CBSE (downloaded rank card is acceptable)
- Aadhaar card
Note: All the documents should have the Registration number at the top right corner generated during online submission of application.
The application fee can only be paid by Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Director, CSIR-CECRI” payable at Karaikudi. No other mode of payment will be accepted. The application fee is as follows:
|General & OBC (NCL)||INR 500|
CSIR-CECRI B.Tech Admission 2017 Selection Process
The selection of candidates will be purely merit based. No entrance exam will be conducted for the selection of candidates.
- JEE (Main) 2017 All India Rank will be basis of the merit list which will be generated by the institute.
- Candidates will be called for counselling on the basis of merit list.
- Allotments will be made on the basis of merit list and communal reservation.
- First round of counselling will be held at CSIR-CECRI, Karaikudi, Tamilnadu.
- Candidates will have to produce all the original certificates at the time of counselling.
Note: Candidates will have to join the course immediately after finishing the necessary formalities and payment of fee.
CSIR-CECRI B.Tech Admission 2017 Contact Details
For any further query or information kindly contact at:
Centre For Education CSIR - CECRI
Karaikudi - 630 003
Phone: 04565 241475, 04565-241531
Mobile: 08903135873, 09442134088
For any technical problems in online submission of application:
Contact: 04565 241520
Last Updated - 29 Jun 2017