Narasinha Dutt College Howrah is inviting applications for admission to M.Sc. in Mathematics program. For the academic year 2017-18, the college offers 24 seats for admission to M.Sc. in Mathematics program. Eligible candidates can apply on the official website of the college. The registration window will close on July 08, 2017.
- Students must have graduation degree from a recognized university or institute to get admission in M.Sc. in Mathematics program.
- Candidates have to pay an application fee of INR 900 at the time of registration.
- The selection is done on the basis of merit list and entrance test.
- The entrance test will consist of 25 short answer questions worth 50 marks.
Narasinha Dutt College M.Sc. in Mathematics Important Dates
The registration for admission to M.Sc. in Mathematics program is done in online mode only from June 29, 2017 to July 08, 2017. The table given below represents the complete schedule of admission:
|Online registration begins from||June 29, 2017 (Thursday)|
|Last date of online form submission||July 08, 2017 (Saturday)|
|Last date for payment of application fee.||July 11, 2017 (Tuesday)|
|Settlement of disputes in relation to application and payment of application fee through help line||July 12, 2017 (Wednesday 11:00 am to 06:00 pm)|
|Publication of first merit list||July 13, 2017 (Thursday)|
|Admission from first merit list||July 14, 2017 (Friday)|
|Date of Entrance Test||July 15, 2017 (Saturday)|
|Publication of second merit list||July 20, 2017 (Thursday)|
Narasinha Dutt College M.Sc. in Mathematics Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply for admission to M.Sc. in Mathematics program, must fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the college authorities. Students are advised to check complete eligibility criteria given below, before filling the application form.
- Students must have a graduation degree in Mathematics from UGC recognized Indian University or students in the current are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates having 55% marks in undergraduate level from Indira Gandhi National Open University, Netaji Subhash Open University and the Distance Education Program of other Universities in West Bengal of current and immediate preceding year are also eligible to apply and they will be considered in second merit list.
Narasinha Dutt College M.Sc. in Mathematics Application Form
The application form is available on the official website of college. Candidates can successfully register themselves on college website till July 08, 2017. Applications received after the due date will not be entertained.
Students need to pay an application fee of INR 900 at the time of registration. Take a print out of the bank challan and carry it to “Narasinha Dutt College branch of “Central Bank of India” and pay the application fee of INR 900.
The bank will return Applicant’s copy to you as a receipt against your payment. Make sure that it is stamped and signed by the bank. You must retain the receipt of Applicant’s copy until the end of the admission process.
Steps to Apply Online:
- Visit the official website i.e. narasinhaduttcollege.edu.in/.
- Go to admission link and select your applied program
- Register by using your email id and password
- Login after the confirmation of email
- Enter the details asked in application form
- Upload the signature and photograph in jpeg format
- Verify all the information and submit application form.
Instructions regarding documents uploading:
- Applicant should have a scanned copy of recent passport size photograph and signature.
- The Photograph and Signature must be in GIF / JPEG / JPG format only.
- The file size of photograph and signature must be less than 50KB.
- The dimension of the scanned Photograph should be 140px X 162px (i.e.140px in Width and 162px in Height).
- The dimension of the scanned Signature should be 150px X 50px (i.e. 150px in Width and 50px in Height).
Narasinha Dutt College M.Sc. in Mathematics Selection Process
Out of total, 60%, i.e, 14 seats are reserved for C.U. and C.U. autonomous college current year applicants only. The name of 60% reserved candidates will be called in first merit list.
The second Merit List will contain the names of remaining 40% seats (10 seats) are:-
- Non-C.U. candidates of current year and immediate preceding year
- C.U. candidates of immediate preceding year.
- First merit list is prepared strictly in order of merit judged on the basis of percentage of marks secured in Honors subject and in case of a tie, the percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics subject of Higher Secondary will be taken into consideration.
- Second Merit List is prepared based on 40% of weightage to be taken from the percentage of marks obtained in Honors subject of 3 years Bachelor’s Degree course and 60% of weightage in the percentage of marks obtained in the Entrance Test.
- All non - C.U. (Calcutta University) applicants have to appear in the Entrance Test and will be placed in the 2nd merit list only.
- For C.U. applicants of current year, entrance test is not mandatory but if any C.U. applicant of current year does not appear in the Entrance Test, he/she may not be placed in the 2nd merit list.
- If suitable number of SC/ST/OBC category candidates are not available in first merit list, the same may be filled up by second merit list.
- Applicants selected for admission will have to pay INR 19,000 at the time of admission.
Entrance Test Pattern and Syllabus
- The entrance test will consists of 25 short answer questions.
- Two marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
The entrance test syllabus is based on undergraduate level:
|Real Analysis||Sets in R, Continuity, Differentiability, Power series, Enumerable sets, Fourier series, Compact sets, Metric spaces, Sequence, Infinite series of real constants and their convergence.|
|Algebra||Set, Relation, Mapping, Group, Ring, Field, Vector Space; Vector Algebra, Theory of equation, Complex number.|
|Calculus||Functions of several variable, Indeterminate forms, Maxima & Minima, Definite integration, Ordinary Differential equation of first order, Vector Calculus, Concavity & Convexity, Laplace Transformation.|
|Numerical Analysis||Errors in numerical computation, Numerical integration, Solution of linear and non-linear equations.|
|LPP||Mathematical Preliminaries, Characteristics of an optimal solution, Assignment & Transportation Problem.|
|Mathematical Theory of Probability||Random experiments, events, Axioms of probability, Independent events, Multiplication rule, Conditional Probabilities, Bayes‟ theorem, Bernoulli & Poisson trials, Binomial law, Probability distributions: Binomial, Poisson, Gamma, Normal, Uniform distributions, Transformations of Random variables, Mathematical Expectations, Mean, Variance, Moments, Central moments, Tchebycheff’s inequality, convergence in probability, Law of Large numbers, Bernoulli’s limit theorem, Asymptotically normal distribution, Limit theorem for equal components.|
|Tensor Calculus||Summation convention, Contravariant, Covariant, Invariant and Mixed tensors, Kronecker Delta, Symmetric & Skew-symmetric tensors, Outer & Inner products, Quotient laws, Reciprocal Tensor, Riemannian Space, Line element & Metric tensor, Reciprocal Metric tensor, Associated tensor,Magnitude of a vector, Orthogonal vectors.|
Address: 129, Belilious Road, Howrah, West Bengal 711101
Phone: 033 2643 8049
Website: narasinhaduttcollege.edu.in/.Last Updated - 13 Jul 2017