Applications are invited by Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research (SICSR), Pune for admissions in 2-years full time MBA (IT) - Master of Business Administration (Information Technology) and M.Sc (CA) - Master of Science (Computer Application) programs for the academic session 2016-18.
SICSR Pune MBA (IT) MSc (CA) Admissions 2016 Important Dates
August 24, 2015
January 12, 2016
Last Date for Payment
January 13, 2016
December 20, 2015 (02.00 pm till 04.00 pm)
SNAP Test Result
January 11, 2016
Online Registration Form Submission
During GE-PIWAT (Mandatory)
Display of Shortlisted Candidate’s Schedule for GE-PIWAT
January 20, 2016
Date of GE-PIWAT
February 5, 6, 7 2016 (Pune); February 20, 21 2016 (Noida)
First Merit List will be displayed
March 1, 2016
Last Date for the Payment of Fees for the First Merit List
March 10, 2016
Display of the Second Merit List
March 12, 2016
Last Date for the Payment of Fees for the Second Merit List
March 22, 2016
Program commencement MBA (IT) & MSc (CA)
June 6, 2016
SICSR Pune MBA (IT) MSc (CA) Admissions 2016 Courses Offered and Eligibility Criteria
MBA(IT)- Master of Business Administration(Information Technology)
M.Sc.(CA)- Master of Science (Computer Applications)
For all SICSR Post-graduate programmes:
- SC: Scheduled Caste: (15% of intake capacity)
- ST: Scheduled Tribe: (7.5% of intake capacity) (SC/ST candidates are required to attach a copy of the caste certificate attested by a competent authority.)
- DA: Differently Abled: (3% of intake capacity)(The seats will be allotted as per the guidelines given in "Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995 (Sec 39)")
Over and above intake capacity:
K: Kashmiri Migrants (2 seats per programme)
(Kashmiri Migrant students will be given admission only if they submit the certificate issued by the Relief Commissioner of Jammu & Kashmir state.)
Quota for International Students:
F: International Students: (15% per programme)
(Admission to the International students is as per the rules of SIU. All admissions to International students will be done through the International student’s cell.
SICSR Pune MBA (IT) MSc (CA) Admissions 2016 Application Process (How to Apply?)
Step 1: Entrance Test Procedures for SNAP
All Indian students who wish to apply for the MBA (IT) programme of the institute are required to appear the 'Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP 2015), which will be held on December 21, 2014(Sunday). Without this test score, no student is entitled for admission to any course of Symbiosis International University.
- Candidate shall Register themselves online at the official website of snap. Register for SNAP 2015
- Candidates should make a Payment of Rs. 1500/- for taking the entrance test through any one mode of payment specified at the official website of SNAP and send proof of payment to the SNAP secretariat
Step 2: To apply to Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR)
- Log on to the official website of SICSR. Apply Online
- On the home page click on "Online Registration for MBA (IT) 2015" and enter your SNAP ID and password
- Click on the "SAVE" button after filling the form
- Candidate will have to pay Rs. 1000/- for registration of MBA-IT to SICSR separately.
- Select "Payment" and choose your mode of payment i.e. Credit card, Net Banking or Demand draft pay in slip.
- If you are paying the registration fees by DD, enter DD details and take a print out of the "Payment Advice".
- Send your Demand Draft along with the Payment Advice to the institute on or before January 19,2015(Monday).
- Click on the "Preview form" and take print of application form.
- A system generated email will be sent on your email address for confirmation of registration.
SICSR Pune MBA (IT) MSc (CA) Admissions 2016 selection Process
The selection procedure for the admission to the above postgraduate programmes consists of following steps:
The candidates who have registered for SICSR will be short-listed for GE/PI (Group Exercise and Personal Interaction) based on their SNAP test score and weightage. The names of the short-listed candidates will be put up on www.sicsr.ac.in on January 27, 2015(Tuesday). E-mail confirming your selection will be sent to the e-mail id provided at the time of registration
GE/PI will be conducted on February 21 & 22, 2015 at Pune. At the time of GE/PI, candidates should submit following documents:
- Online registration form along with his/her photograph and sign on it. Attested photocopies of SSC, HSC and graduation mark lists. In case you are appearing for your last year examination, kindly attach photocopies of all mark lists from first year to the last examination passed by you.
- An attested copy of the category certificate, if applying for a category seat.
- A certificate (Percentage declaration form) from the Principal/HOD/Registrar/Director certifying that the applicant has obtained exact percentage on latest available grades/marks in the qualifying exam as per the university. The Percentage declaration form is available on www.sicsr.ac.in and should have seal and signature of college/institute.
- Work experience certificate /appointment letter and copy of last salary slip, to prove your total experience in months.
- Merit list will be displayed on the institute website. E-Mail message confirming selection will be sent to the e-mail id and selection letter will be dispatched on your address provided at the time of registration.
- The selected candidate is required to pay the fees as per the schedule to secure the admission; otherwise the seat will be given to next candidate in the merit list. The acceptance of fees by the institute does not mean that the admission is confirmed, as all admissions are subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria of SIU.
The distribution of marks for the selection procedure will be as follows:
- SNAP Test: 40 Marks [SNAP Score of 180 will be scaled down to 40]
- Academic Profile Score: 10 Marks [Based on Std. X, XII, Graduation marks]
- Writing Ability Test: 15 Marks
- Personal Interaction: 35 Marks