Hyderabad, November 21, 2018: The ICFAI Law School, a constituent of ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, Hyderabad (Deemed-to-be University) is organizing "5 KM MARATHON WALK” in the name of “LexWalk” on November 24, 2018 . The marathon walk will be organized to commemorate "Constitution Day" at People’s Plaza, Necklace Road, Hyderabad. The news was notified by Prof. Sudhakar Rao, Director, Branding, ICFAI Group, in a Press Conference held today at the Press Club of Hyderabad, Somajiguda.
“The event is organized jointly with the Associate Partners of Legal Services Authority of Telangana, Bar Council of Telangana & AP and Telangana State Council of Higher Education. Participants from Bar Associations of Hyderabad and Rangareddy Districts, Students of Law Colleges in and around Hyderabad, Para Legal Volunteers, Advocates of Local City Courts, Criminal Courts and Judicial Officials will take part in the walk” Prof Sudhakar Rao said.
“About 2,000 participants are expected to join the walk at People’s Plaza. The Walk will begin at 6.30 am and is scheduled up to Lumbini Park and finally will close at People’s Plaza at around 8.00 am. All arrangments were made with regard to the safety of the participants” said Prof. A V Narsimha Rao, Director-ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad.
“The Constitution of India was adopted by the Constituent Assembly on November 26, 1949. The Government of India notified on November 19, 2015 to celebrate November 26th every year as 'Constitution Day' as a mark of respect for founding fathers of the Constitution. The UGC and CBSE recommended to the Universities, Colleges, and Schools to celebrate 'Constitution Day' on November 26th by organizing seminars, workshops and other activities to explain the philosophy of the Constitution particularly the importance of the Preamble and also to promote the spirit of Nationalism and unity and integrity of India” said Prof. Y R Haragopal Reddy, Advisor-ICFAI Group.
The main objectives of celebrating 'Constitution Day' was also explained by Prof .Y R Haragopal Reddy as detailed below:
- To pay rich tributes and homage to the founding fathers of the Constitution who gave us a vibrant Constitution to guide the future destination of this great Nation.
- To rededicate ourselves to promote the preamble message of Justice, Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity.
- To take a pledge that we shall also strive hard to promote the unity and integrity of the Nation.
- To rededicate ourselves to promote three cardinal principles of democracy namely rule of law, independence of the Judiciary and independence of the legal profession.
- To educate the public about their Constitutional rights and duties.