People’s University, Bhopal has released its official notification regarding admission to PhD programs 2017. For admission to the course, candidates must submit the application form and application fee on or before July 8, 2017.
- University provides specialization under 7 PhD programs.
- Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria for admission and there is no age limit.
- Candidates must appear for the University entrance test for admission to the course.
- Entrance test will take place on July 15, 2017 and duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
Information provided by candidate in the application form must be correct, any wrong/ incorrect information can lead to cancellation of candidature.
People’s University Important Dates for PhD Admissions 2017:
|Last date to submit application form||July 8, 2017 (6 pm)|
|Last date to submit application fee||July 8, 2017 (6 pm)|
|Entrance test date||July 15, 2017 (2 pm- 4pm)|
|Admit card collection||July 12 onwards|
People’s University PhD Programs
People’s University provides specialization under the following PhD Programs
- Engineering (Mechanical and Electronic)
- Medicine (Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology, Microbiology)
- Science (Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry)
People’s university Eligibility Criteria for PhD Program
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria and information regarding the same must be uploaded properly in the application form. Any discrepancy can lead to cancellation of candidature.
Candidates must satisfy any of the following criteria to be eligible for admission
- Candidate should have a Master’s degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks in total for general category and 50% marks in case of reserved category; Or
- Should have passed Master’s Degree by Research of this University or of any other University recognized by this University as equivalent thereto; or
- Must have passed M.Phil. Degree examination of this University or of any other University recognized by the University as equivalent thereto; or
- Should be a teacher having full time teaching experience of at least two years in Degree College or five years in Junior College; or
- Should be a graduate of this or any other recognized University and working in National Laboratories/Institutes/Government/ Private Organization, nominated/sponsored by the respective employer.
Note: If you have passed your qualifying degree examination through supplementary or compartment and repeat attempts, then also you are eligible provided you submit the proof of passed the qualifying exam with the above mentioned minimum requirement of marks.
There is no age limit.
People’s University How to Apply for PhD Program
Admission form is the first and foremost step and for filling the application form candidates must visit the university’s official website i.e. www.peoplesuniversity.edu.in . Candidates must submit the form before July 8, 2017. Step wise Application procedure is mentioned below.
- Candidates have to fill the form in the Offline mode. Only one subject can be marked in a single form. Candidates who want to apply for more than one subject, they must submit the form and fee separately. The Application Forms must be submitted by July 8, 2017 before 6 p.m.
- You can access the Application Form through either of the following three ways:
- By hand from the University by paying prescribed fee
- By post by submitting a written application along with the prescribed fee in advance
- Online by downloading it from the University website and taking a print out of the Form
- Candidates must fill in their personal and educational details and all the information must be thoroughly checked.
Note: Candidates must use black ball point pen
- Candidates should affix a recent passport size photograph in the space provided, and select the course for which you are applying. Do not staple or clip the photograph.
Application Fee: Candidates must pay the Application fee of INR 2500/- by Demand Draft drawn in favor of Registrar, People's University Bhopal, payable at Bhopal.
Enclosures: You must enclose the following self- attested copies along with the Application Form:
1) High School Certificate
2) Post Graduate Mark sheet
3) Demand Draft (with your details at the back)
- You should then send the duly signed Application Form, their Application fee and all the requisite enclosures to the following address on or before July 8, 2017.
In-charge, Conduct Section,
Office of Controller of Examination,
3rd Administrative Block,
People’s University, Bhopal - 462037
People’s University Selection Procedure for PhD
The selection will be on the basis of the entrance test examination. Appearing in the test does not qualify candidate for admission to the course, they must qualify the required cut- off.
- The Entrance Test shall comprise of 100 multiple choice type questions.
- Each question will be of one mark each, covering all the subjects of Post Graduate level of the concerned subject along-with general studies and mental aptitude.
- The exam will be for a duration of two hours.
Exceptions: Candidates who have qualified National Level Tests such and NET/GATE etc. and State Level Test such as MPSLET accredited by the UGC or if you are a teacher fellowship holders through an Entrance Test, you shall be exempted from writing the entrance test of Ph.D.
People’s University Contact Details
Official website: www.peoplesuniversity.edu.in
Sarvajanik Jankalyan Parmarthik Nyas
Bhanpur Bypass Road, Bhanpur
Bhopal- 462037 (M.P.) India
Last Updated - 20 Jun 2017